Sexual abuse has become a huge problem for America's bible colleges (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:14:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sexual abuse has become a huge problem for America's bible colleges (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sexual abuse has become a huge problem for America's bible colleges  (Read 5131 times)
Link
« on: March 12, 2014, 04:29:26 PM »

In this thread: Christian bashing under the guise of a serious crime.

Yeah I'm not seeing any reliable evidence that "sexual abuse" takes place any more at these colleges than at any other college or university.  Does anyone have any good statistics from a reliable source (ie not vice.com)?
Link
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »

Wait a minute fellas.  Do we have any hard statistics or are people going to just be judge jury and executioner based on a couple of salacious tales posted by dubious sources on the internet?  I guarantee you I can find plenty of secular schools that fail to investigate or cover up sexual wrong doing to protect a football/basketball player, the schools reputation, a powerful alum, and/or avoid legal action.

If this is really some new kind of epidemic amongst Christian schools it is a problem.  But before we go condemning every Christian college can we at least get a source better than "vice.com"?
Link
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:49:40 AM »

In this thread: Christian bashing under the guise of a serious crime.

Yeah I'm not seeing any reliable evidence that "sexual abuse" takes place any more at these colleges than at any other college or university.  Does anyone have any good statistics from a reliable source (ie not vice.com)?

Why is sexual abuse in quotes? 

Because according to this source this woman alleges she was raped.  Rape is rape.  I don't use euphemism when I talk about rape.  I've known girls that have been raped and I just have a personal problem sticking that under a general umbrella of "sexual abuse."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies