Who will win Lebanon in 2012? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:44:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who will win Lebanon in 2012? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who will win Lebanon in 2012?  (Read 9528 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: September 10, 2012, 07:49:54 PM »

Lebanon is not part of the US, so the only ones voting there would be US citizens living there otherwise Republicans or Democrats abroad.  On election day, their votes will be counted in the last state they lived in.  Its not like France or Italy where they have electoral districts globally for abroad residents.  Off course the US lets those abroad vote unlike some, for example where I live in Canada, if you are Canadian who has not resided in the country in the past five years you cannot vote.  I am not sure how many other countries follow this although it is a rule I generally support, mind you unlike the US we don't tax citizens living outside the country either.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 07:57:45 PM »

Lebanon is not part of the US, so the only ones voting there would be US citizens living there otherwise Republicans or Democrats abroad.  On election day, their votes will be counted in the last state they lived in.  Its not like France or Italy where they have electoral districts globally for abroad residents.  Off course the US lets those abroad vote unlike some, for example where I live in Canada, if you are Canadian who has not resided in the country in the past five years you cannot vote.  I am not sure how many other countries follow this although it is a rule I generally support, mind you unlike the US we don't tax citizens living outside the country either.

Of course Lebanon is part of the US. So is Syria. With Alaska and Hawaii they are the four states not part of the 48 contiguous states.

Nonsense.  I don't recall the US invading either country or either country asking to join.  Never mind I doubt the US would want a Muslim majority state, which both are.  Hawaii and Alaska are different as they voluntarily joined the US.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies