AMA Says Christian Man: Politics Edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:06:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AMA Says Christian Man: Politics Edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AMA Says Christian Man: Politics Edition  (Read 120 times)
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2024, 08:35:37 PM »

I haven't done one of these in a while, but I want it to remain strictly about politics (Atlasia is fine).
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 01:15:17 PM »

What do you think about public transit and the design of American cities?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 03:22:14 PM »

If you could go back and cast the pivotal vote in any historical election, from any country, which would you choose?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 03:26:54 PM »

What do you feel about the Massachusetts state politics?
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 07:52:54 PM »

What do you think about public transit and the design of American cities?
I believe that both were designed with very different thoughts and intentions in mind from what was needed especially for the modern society. There's an expression that the MBTA (Boston's main public transport system) was the first in the country and still acts it, but that pales to the problem that most areas of the country have 0 access to public transport. This disproportionately makes it harder for poor people, the elderly, and people with disabilities to travel and needs to be updated. I also dislike the original design of highways. I understand that it was created for reliance, but many neighborhoods either disappeared or were cut off and that created that much less of a desirable situation for people who lived under the underpasses or close enough to them. If I were to go back and time and had the opportunity to advise Eisenhower on the matter, I'd advocate for an underground system in order to maintain natural landscapes and create new forests and farms in order to provide cleaner air. I guess that such a system would be possible today but it would be very expensive and time-consuming.  While I believe that I would've been opposed to the railroad during the 19th century for similar reasons as well as infringement of property concerns, at least the disruptions to the natural environment is minimized outside of the disruption of nature whenever a train goes by which in the modern era is practically impossible to avoid but could be reduced or fixed by creating or investing in quieter trains.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2024, 08:14:09 PM »

If you could go back and cast the pivotal vote in any historical election, from any country, which would you choose?
I'm honestly stumped as there are many. Perhaps the 2000 election for Al Gore. I doubt that he'd be perfect, but the thoughts of not having the Iraq War, exploding deficit, torture at Guantamino, and warrantless surveillance would've been nice, plus the possibility that the rich/poor divide could've been acknowledged earlier although that's being optimistic.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2024, 08:15:58 PM »

I have a low opinion of it as I consider it to be a one-party state, and the MAGAfication of the states GOP is making it worse even though I'm not a fan of the Weld/Baker wing which made the party competitive.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2024, 08:22:24 PM »

I have a low opinion of it as I consider it to be a one-party state, and the MAGAfication of the states GOP is making it worse even though I'm not a fan of the Weld/Baker wing which made the party competitive.
Who do you vote for on state level?
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2024, 08:32:32 PM »

Who do you vote for on state level?
Generally speaking I typically vote Republican both as a check against the Dem supermajority (& now governor) and because many of the Democrats running tend to be very progressive. But I'm not at the point where I'd never vote for a Dem, especially if I feel as though whoever the GOP nominates has insane and/or extreme political positions compared to the Democratic candidate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies