The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:44:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 177354 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 04:39:44 PM »

This still doesn't explain why flyover country WWC people deserve a tax cut.

I mean of course, I would support my own interests. Quite frankly, I also never get this sympathy for these rural racists in Appalachia, I never understood why we must pander to them? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think I am.

So we should be subsidizing WV racists?Huh?

We get it, you hate white people and you hate poor people.

I mean honestly WV is just full of rural, racist hicks who can't tolerate Democrats because Democrats want to do something about climate change and don't play white resentment politics. The old Dixiecrats couldn't bear to see their beloved party actually decide to support minorities. Also let's be honest, if WV voted Democrat, Republicans would say the exact same thing about how awful it is.

There's a massive difference between "stop subsidizing a dying industry like coal" and "let those racist hicks die".

Fair, but I am bothered by this obsession by some people that the blue states should be forced to bail out places like WV, they should raise their taxes, if they can't pay for stuff, they sure shouldn't ask for tax cuts.

Lmao it’s not bailing out at all . The SALT deduction is the federal government subsidizing high tax states and no reducing it doesn’t benefit WWC over affluent states .

Oregon was far worse hit by the limitation of the deduction than Washington despite being more WWC and less affluent

This assumes things happen in a vacuum but they don't. The tax scam was a giveaway to flyover country, I don't see how you can see it any other way
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 04:45:06 PM »

I mean of course, I would support my own interests. Quite frankly, I also never get this sympathy for these rural racists in Appalachia, I never understood why we must pander to them? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think I am.

I mean honestly WV is just full of rural, racist hicks who can't tolerate Democrats because Democrats want to do something about climate change and don't play white resentment politics. The old Dixiecrats couldn't bear to see their beloved party actually decide to support minorities. Also let's be honest, if WV voted Democrat, Republicans would say the exact same thing about how awful it is.

If you want to stop subsidizing poor, stupid racists, then stop supporting the party that wants to give them free healthcare, social security, UBI, and welfare.

I see you've returned to your precious Republicans, before the election is even over.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2020, 07:05:50 PM »

If you want to stop subsidizing poor, stupid racists, then stop supporting the party that wants to give them free healthcare, social security, UBI, and welfare.

I see you've returned to your precious Republicans, before the election is even over.

Huh You're the one with the blue avatar.

The avatar's a meme look at the username
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 08:18:12 PM »

Your whole persona on this site is a meme at this point so that tells me nothing.

And posts like this are why you're on my ignore list
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2020, 08:19:47 PM »

dude even icespear was not this unironic about the WV stuff

IceSpear understood what a lot of people don't and that's that there isn't this secret group of left wing populists in Appalachia, it's full of racists, who'd want nothing more than minorities, like me, to fail in life. Forgive me, if I don't exactly hold favorable views of them.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2020, 08:36:59 PM »

Your whole persona on this site is a meme at this point so that tells me nothing.

And posts like this are why you're on my ignore list

Why do you put people on your ignore list if you still read every single post they write?

Because I get alerts
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 05:08:04 PM »

S019 has demonstrated multiple times in the past that he has a tenuous grasp of the history of West Virginia, most notably his claim that it's "more southern" than Virginia because it's "less diverse," even though the South is "diverse" due in no small part to the importation of slave labor.

This is only party true, but places like NoVA recently diversified, as did places like Henrico and Chesterfield near Richmond. The diversity there cannot simply be explained by slavery. A significant amount of it is people moving in (especially since there are minorities other than African Americans in these places, for instance NoVA has a sizable Hispanic minority)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2020, 05:14:19 PM »

dude even icespear was not this unironic about the WV stuff

IceSpear understood what a lot of people don't and that's that there isn't this secret group of left wing populists in Appalachia, it's full of racists, who'd want nothing more than minorities, like me, to fail in life. Forgive me, if I don't exactly hold favorable views of them.

Lmao , West Virginia literally voted for George Wallace at less numbers than the country did as a whole, oh and less than Fairfax county did.

As for the Southern Strategy , West Virginia literally swung Democratic from 1960-1988 while the rest of the South swung massively Republican in that same time period. Also in 1994 again when the South went heavily towards the GOP , Appalchia still voted for the Democrats. Douglas Wilder won many Appalchinan counties in 1989 so again what your saying is false.

They have swung Republican for two major reasons and that is Coal and Guns and the Democrats becoming more and more against those two things made them go more and more republican over the years.

If race has no part in it then explain why Obama did so much worse than Kerry despite improving literally everywhere except Appalachia.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2020, 02:24:18 PM »

Click for context
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2020, 10:28:57 PM »

If Hennepin County (or some other county I move to) ever adopts 24 hour early voting I'm totally going to go to a hardcore/emo show (in a post-Covid election) and then vote right afterwards.

I hope you go to the polls dressed like a 2005-era emo.

We have to keep Hot Topic alive somehow.

I HAVE NEVER SHOPPED AT HOT TOPIC IN MY LIFE.

Are you one of those dudes who insists that there's a difference between emo and goth even though no one else can tell them apart?

Ok this is enough, stop bullying people on this forum. Quite frankly, everyone has had enough.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2020, 10:46:31 PM »

Probably the weirdest post of all time:

Due to life span increase, approaching 80, there is an adjustment

RED growth process, blue early signs of death

Infancy: 0-3
Toddler 3-6 Early childhood
Childhood 3-12 Pre-Teen
Puberty: 12-20 Adams apple in Men, and Cycle for women
Adulthood 20-40 continiue to grow.

Middle Aged 40-65 stoppage of growth, tooth decay and fuller stomach and diabetes sets in
Senior Citizen 65-100 end of life cycle, seizers, heart attacks or cancer causes death

See, I tell you all OC is a weirdo, but no one listens to me.
Because you're twelve.

If I were twelve, I would have been banned years ago for registering underage.

I am NOT Twelve. I am 27. I was born in 1993, and I'm not sure what I have to do to prove it to you. Do I have to post my birth certificate?

Yes, along with your social security number and drivers license (if you have one).

This is honestly unacceptable, and comments like this contribute to the environment of bullying that has manifested here. That type of remark was uncalled for, the better response would have been to not insult NYE in the first place.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2020, 10:49:59 PM »

Probably the weirdest post of all time:

Due to life span increase, approaching 80, there is an adjustment

RED growth process, blue early signs of death

Infancy: 0-3
Toddler 3-6 Early childhood
Childhood 3-12 Pre-Teen
Puberty: 12-20 Adams apple in Men, and Cycle for women
Adulthood 20-40 continiue to grow.

Middle Aged 40-65 stoppage of growth, tooth decay and fuller stomach and diabetes sets in
Senior Citizen 65-100 end of life cycle, seizers, heart attacks or cancer causes death

See, I tell you all OC is a weirdo, but no one listens to me.
Because you're twelve.

If I were twelve, I would have been banned years ago for registering underage.

I am NOT Twelve. I am 27. I was born in 1993, and I'm not sure what I have to do to prove it to you. Do I have to post my birth certificate?

Yes, along with your social security number and drivers license (if you have one).

This is honestly unacceptable, and comments like this contribute to the environment of bullying that has manifested here. That type of remark was uncalled for, the better response would have been to not insult NYE in the first place.

You literally called for dumb posters to be mocked, your wish is being granted Smiley

I see that taking comments out of context has become your new hobby. Anyways, what I meant is that some people are just in denial of political trends, etc. and just cling to priors and it makes serious discussion difficult, especially when they blindly believe polls in states where polls are notorious for being wrong (See: Iowa)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2020, 02:16:14 PM »

It was bad when Mitch McConnell said he would cut funding to "blue" states, and it's bad to say you want to hurt "red" states. You people realize there are people of every political persuasion in every state, right? Even assuming it's okay to make your political opponents suffer, you're going to punish people for their neighbors' political beliefs?

When bigots and authoritarians are deprived of economic and political power, that's a good thing. Yes, I want Trump's supporters to suffer, as they've demonstrated themselves to be completely devoid of decency or civility. Sorry. I would suggest you direct your criticisms at them. Perhaps they can improve their judgement, climb out of the gutter, and make themselves worthy of respect. Otherwise, I think they're trash, and they'll get no sympathy from me.

Trump got nearly as many votes in California as he did in Texas. Punishing entire states because of how a plurality of their population voted for someone is beyond stupid. You would also hurt millions of Democrats who live in those states just to get one over the other side.

No, genius, that's how in works in the real world. Let's strike some chords on the world's tiniest violin for all of those non-bigoted Southerners and Germans who paid the price when the Confederacy and the Nazis lost their wars against civilized humanity. Should we have refrained from crushing them? Absolutely not. Maybe you should expend your energy convincing the rural white majority not to make deplorable decisions that may ultimately hurt innocent residents of their regions. I doubt they'll listen, but it's worth a shot.

Terrible person alert.
I can't wait to crush him with my fascist boots!

WTF is that original post (from R.P)? If anything, wanting to punish entire states and regions because you don’t like how they voted is fascism/authoritarianism.

I wouldn't dare go as far as R.P., but I would be lying if I didn't say I have no sympathy for the people of WV electing Republicans, they can suffer under them as long as they don't force them onto the rest of us. Also, my state deserves a tax cut far more than places like WV aka flyover country do. It isn't uncontroversial to say that a Democratic administration shouldn't prioritize WV's needs. You know Hillary was right, it is time to shut down the coal mines, especially since so many people in WV are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, etc.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2020, 02:29:43 PM »

And what of the quarter to third of West Virginians who vote Dem?

Even within your own silly paradigms the morals here make absolutely no sense.

If the party is to appeal to red states, I'd rather appeal to ones where we have a base like TX and GA, college voters are the future of the party and WV has none and thus should largely be ignored. WV swings more and more R each cycle, I don't know why people still pretend that Democrats should prioritize it.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2020, 06:28:43 PM »

All of the people who said yes are why we can never have good things.

The question was "do you own a gun?"

Because not wanting widespread mass shootings is absurd and ignorant. Please don't keep peddling these untrue NRA talking points.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2020, 10:35:00 PM »

All of the people who said yes are why we can never have good things.

The question was "do you own a gun?"

Because not wanting widespread mass shootings is absurd and ignorant. Please don't keep peddling these untrue NRA talking points.
How does my dad's revolver contribute to mass shootings?

It legitimately feels mean making fun of S019’s ridiculous views and nonsensical takes ... guy seems off.

Id feel bad but I can quote a post where he said dumb posters should be mocked so I'm all for it.

You know if people didn't have guns, I wouldn't have to worry about there possibly being a school shooting every time I go to school. Besides Australia is doing just fine the only reason we still have guns is because southern rural deplorable want to hang on to culture or whatever, and the NRA takes advantage of them to project this reactionary, far right Overton Window on guns, where supporting anything left of universal background checks makes you a communist to 20% of the country, there is an issue there, also please feel free to make fun, just reveals the type of person that you are, and that you are completely okay with this occurring. I am just so grateful that we at least have one party that doesn't blindly follow NRA propaganda. I am genuinely disturbed that a good chunk of this forum actually thinks the status quo is okay, has anyone actually paid attention the last 10 years or not? I'm legitimately curious.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2020, 06:23:29 PM »

No. She is just as evil as Trump and deserves everything he deserves.

referring to Donna Shalala
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2020, 04:06:59 PM »

Trumpslide. Reagan-style landslide, a real one this time.  Once the impeachment stuff went away, and the Middle-East peace deals happened with more fanfare, no question.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2020, 01:39:37 PM »

Common sense. Disappointing, if not downright horrifying, that this isn't unanimous.

Click thread for context
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2020, 03:49:28 PM »

KYWildman is a good poster and honestly one bad post shouldn't get this named after you, so I propose a rename, check thread for context

I bet you would’ve said the same thing about Zapata in 2016.

New annoying hack
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2020, 07:55:12 PM »

This...is just something else, and it belongs in these halls of disgrace (imagine thinking someone actually wants this, this sounds like literal Stalinism or fascism, and I have been loud and clear about being a capitalist and being someone who is a strong proponent of racial equality and a strong critic of bigotry), propose renaming the thread

You should do something about Del Tachi and jimrtex. I think they should be banned permanently (much like what BRTD is trying to do to me).

I second this honestly, though you should be banned too

> Be S019
> Wake up at 8:00 AM sharp to a knock on the door
> The police have arrived for the biweekly weapons sweep
> Open the door; ten SWAT officers march through the house to check for watermelon knives
> They confiscate a potato peeler and leave
> Time for breakfast
> Decide to make toast
> Remember that toasters have been illegal for three years, ever since a toddler got his hand stuck in one
> Put bread in electric stove
> Stove has maximum temperature of 100 degrees, as per regulations
> Look for a butter knife, but they've all been confiscated
> Spread butter on limp, warm bread using a plastic spoon
> Try not to make eye contact with the surveillance camera in the kitchen ceiling
> Time to go to work
> Don helmet and reflective vest
> Hop into government-designed mobility vehicle
> The office is only 15 miles away, but ever since the speed limit was lowered to 5 mph to prevent crashes, the commute takes three hours
> On the way to work, stop off at the courthouse to pay fines for the week
> Pay fine for not trimming weeds in front yard
> Pay fine for being outside after curfew
> Pay fine for jaywalking
> Pay fine for pumping own gas
> Eventually arrive at work at the Department of Regulatory Compliance, which employs 90% of the town
> Insert wrist barcode into scanner mounted at desk
> Receive new case file
> Subject is a man who attempted to commit suicide by jumping from a bridge but was stopped by a safety net
> This criminal must be punished for violating the anti-suicide statute
> Sentence him to death
> Spend rest of the day filling out forms, stamping forms, signing forms
> Fill out application to use fully automatic assault stapler, in order to staple the other forms
> Get in mobility vehicle for the long journey home
> On the way back, stop at a food procurement center to pick up a loaf of bread
> Mandatory strip search takes 45 minutes
> Someone is taken in for questioning after the background check flags them for painting a neighbor’s fence without an occupational license
> Finally make it in line to buy bread
> Cashier asks to see gluten permit
> He realizes the permit has been expired for two whole days
> Justice workers arrive to take me to a re-education center
> Cashier points at me and yells “HE’S GOT A FORK!”
> Lose consciousness as the justice workers rain blows upon me with their non-lethal stun batons
> Such is life in the glorious utopia of suburban New Jersey
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2020, 05:01:41 PM »

This...is just something else, and it belongs in these halls of disgrace (imagine thinking someone actually wants this, this sounds like literal Stalinism or fascism, and I have been loud and clear about being a capitalist and being someone who is a strong proponent of racial equality and a strong critic of bigotry), propose renaming the thread

You should do something about Del Tachi and jimrtex. I think they should be banned permanently (much like what BRTD is trying to do to me).

I second this honestly, though you should be banned too

> Be S019
> Wake up at 8:00 AM sharp to a knock on the door
> The police have arrived for the biweekly weapons sweep
> Open the door; ten SWAT officers march through the house to check for watermelon knives
> They confiscate a potato peeler and leave
> Time for breakfast
> Decide to make toast
> Remember that toasters have been illegal for three years, ever since a toddler got his hand stuck in one
> Put bread in electric stove
> Stove has maximum temperature of 100 degrees, as per regulations
> Look for a butter knife, but they've all been confiscated
> Spread butter on limp, warm bread using a plastic spoon
> Try not to make eye contact with the surveillance camera in the kitchen ceiling
> Time to go to work
> Don helmet and reflective vest
> Hop into government-designed mobility vehicle
> The office is only 15 miles away, but ever since the speed limit was lowered to 5 mph to prevent crashes, the commute takes three hours
> On the way to work, stop off at the courthouse to pay fines for the week
> Pay fine for not trimming weeds in front yard
> Pay fine for being outside after curfew
> Pay fine for jaywalking
> Pay fine for pumping own gas
> Eventually arrive at work at the Department of Regulatory Compliance, which employs 90% of the town
> Insert wrist barcode into scanner mounted at desk
> Receive new case file
> Subject is a man who attempted to commit suicide by jumping from a bridge but was stopped by a safety net
> This criminal must be punished for violating the anti-suicide statute
> Sentence him to death
> Spend rest of the day filling out forms, stamping forms, signing forms
> Fill out application to use fully automatic assault stapler, in order to staple the other forms
> Get in mobility vehicle for the long journey home
> On the way back, stop at a food procurement center to pick up a loaf of bread
> Mandatory strip search takes 45 minutes
> Someone is taken in for questioning after the background check flags them for painting a neighbor’s fence without an occupational license
> Finally make it in line to buy bread
> Cashier asks to see gluten permit
> He realizes the permit has been expired for two whole days
> Justice workers arrive to take me to a re-education center
> Cashier points at me and yells “HE’S GOT A FORK!”
> Lose consciousness as the justice workers rain blows upon me with their non-lethal stun batons
> Such is life in the glorious utopia of suburban New Jersey

Is there a name for younger male Karens?

Yeah, they're called libertarians Tongue
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2021, 09:23:18 PM »

Andrew Cuomo is one of the worst Governors in America
He's harmed New York more than Osama bin Laden did.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2021, 09:48:23 PM »

The darkest day in American history is this day, in fact, in 1973 - when the Supreme Court decided Roe v. Wade.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2021, 04:33:41 PM »

lol

Tilt D, Midterms don't matter unless you have a 40 percent approval like Trump whom was going thru Impeachment and D's lost seats in MO, IN and ND and  Iin 2014 CO, AK, LA, M, SD, WVA and AR and Obama had 11 percent Unemployment in 2010

Biden is at 52 Percent
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies