Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:40:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 373507 times)
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« on: February 25, 2010, 08:25:40 PM »

Ha! I'm sure he also has us beat if it's a race; if/when she says yes, I can't see it being a very long engagement. This is a "no sex before marriage" denomination, right?
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 06:52:01 AM »

BushOK, it's impossible to make a statement like "4 to 6 months is enough time to get to know someone", because it's never going to be true in every case. It could be true for one combination of two people, and VERY VERY INCORRECT about another combination, even if one of the partners (ie you) is the same.  When it comes to relationships, one size doesn't fit all. Personally, I think that if you can both find out everything about each other and forge a deep connection in that kind of timeframe it might be quite a shallow relationship and you'll run out of things to talk about after a year or two, but that's just me.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 08:18:16 PM »

The way we're talking, she's going to be ready for a proposal sooner than she thinks.  The only thing hindering us now is she knows she wants this, but isn't sure she's quite ready for it, yet.  The way she's talking, I think she's almost ready, but just doesn't want to admit it quite yet.  I'm planning a May or June proposal.  I'm leaning more toward mid to late May because I am going to want some news to share when I go on my New Mexico vacation Memorial Day weekend to visit my great aunt and mom's cousins and my second cousins.

At this rate, I fully expect you to propose in the next week or two! Weren't you originally waiting until at least September or something?
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 07:18:40 PM »

We are planning to go shopping next Saturday (was supposed to be today, if it weren't for the snow), and that shopping is for the ring.  She won't get the ring on her finger until late May or June, but we are going to purchase it next weekend.
Why are you doing this together? Maybe you could just find out her ring size, and go get a nice ring so it'll be a surprise for her.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 07:17:10 AM »

I've never heard of a couple having marriage counselling before their wedding Grin
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 06:10:58 PM »

That's a good point - it's the sort of thing people don't think would be a problem, but can actually cause all sorts of pressures.

I've never heard of a couple having marriage counselling before their wedding Grin

Well, that's just another thing to add to your list of things of which you have never previous heard.

Its actually rather commonplace, and required by many members of the clergy.
THANKS LOVE.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 06:15:09 PM »

Just for the record, when Andrew and I move in together next month I am the head of the household and he will obey me.

*Awaits s**tstorm tomorrow* Grin
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »

Yep, I have so much testosterone it pushed all the hair out of my head and makes folk listen up Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies