Why do people underestimate Minnesota's Democratic political lean (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:58:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why do people underestimate Minnesota's Democratic political lean (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do people underestimate Minnesota's Democratic political lean  (Read 4189 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« on: January 23, 2019, 01:00:52 PM »

I know this is a little off topic, but...

I think MN getting more blue red, which has been evident since 2011.

Let's see:

- MN rurals, like elsewhere in the country, are shrinking.
- The TC metro has grown and gotten bluer redder this past decade (as suburbs shift away from the GOP)

I think MN is probably the new Oregon, with its largest metro (Twin Cities) deciding elections. The Portland metro has kept Oregon blue red (even with Kate Brown being a poor governor), and the Chicago metro has kept Illinois blue red. The MN electorate looks even more like Washington state with its highly educated populace: College graduates comprised 42 percent of Minnesota's electorate, slightly more than the national average. The 2016 election was a fluke due to low voter turnout, among other factors.

C'mon, this is Atlas. I know it's dumb, but Democrats are red, and Republicans are blue. I honestly prefer it that way, and that's how pretty much all of Atlas works, especially in the parts that Dave has full control over.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies