Brian Schweitzer: southerners like Eric Cantor set off my gaydar (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:34:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Brian Schweitzer: southerners like Eric Cantor set off my gaydar (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brian Schweitzer: southerners like Eric Cantor set off my gaydar  (Read 5203 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: June 19, 2014, 09:55:27 AM »

All the more reason to evict Schweitzer from the party he doesn't deserve to be in. We don't need this tool in our party to make us look bad on women and LGBT issues come 2016.

It's just beyond offensive, and I don't even live in the South! Cantor has a wife and three kids and he isn't nor has he ever been or "seem" gay. Heck, his district is barely even in the South. To imply that Southern, straight men though all have feminist characteristics, which according to Schweitzer automatically sets suspicion that they're gay, is just despicable.

As for his uncalled for attacks on Feinstein, he's just mad that Feinstein wants to take his guns and "privacy" away. I doubt Schweitzer will apologize for his statements, and if that's the case, this is all fair game right here for #Ready4Hillary to attack him on.
For once you're spot on about Schweitzer.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »

My dad literally said the same thing when we were discussing Cantor's defeat last week.
It's not wrong to say that, but it is wrong for a potential presidential candidate to be dismissing Southerners and the LBGT community when both are huge segments of our country. I know quite a few "effeminate" sounding men from the deep south, including my dad’s tenants (they joke about it with one another), but the way Schweitzer said this was in a negative context. He was trying to play the role of a Democratic Rush Limbaugh and only made an ass out of himself.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 04:31:58 PM »

Glad to finally see there's one politician who says what's on his mind. The rest are too busy saying things that sound important, or otherwise pandering to voters. Regardless of whether he runs or not, it seems he doesn't give a damn. I'd like to be a politician like him someday, if only I could be so blessed.
I agree in principle, but I have become much more political than I used to be and thus worship at the altar of victory instead of philosophy now Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 04:39:57 PM »

Glad to finally see there's one politician who says what's on his mind. The rest are too busy saying things that sound important, or otherwise pandering to voters. Regardless of whether he runs or not, it seems he doesn't give a damn. I'd like to be a politician like him someday, if only I could be so blessed.
I agree in principle, but I have become much more political than I used to be and thus worship at the altar of victory instead of philosophy now Tongue.

It pains me to think that if I ever were a public figure, I'd have to censor my thoughts on social media. I'd like to think I'd somehow be able to retain my freedom of speech while disregarding the public and acquiring victory. After all, if you follow a politician via social networking, they always post pointless links that no real person cares about, or feel good messages that no one wants to read. The voters need much more than that cold, inhuman interaction with our leaders. They should be able to check their phones and find out that Obama just ate an entire pizza by himself after a long day of "work", or that Romney's been trying to let out silent gas all day due to some badly timed consumption of spicy food the night before.
These problems can be solved by being elected twice and then going batsh*t in the lame duck term Tongue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies