June 2021 Presidential Debate - Commentary Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:40:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  June 2021 Presidential Debate - Commentary Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: June 2021 Presidential Debate - Commentary Thread  (Read 1278 times)
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« on: May 31, 2021, 02:23:10 AM »

I’d be willing to co-host with you again
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 09:49:48 PM »

Lightning LT Tongue
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 11:10:08 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2021, 11:13:31 PM by WB »

we did one recently and people went crazy. I assumed that's why OBD opted to do it on the forum.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=405998.0

I personally would prefer what we originally wanted with that discord debate and have a voice debate, but MB didn't wish to talk.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 11:18:47 PM »

we did one recently and people went crazy. I assumed that's why OBD opted to do it on the forum.

I personally would prefer what we originally wanted with that discord debate and have a voice debate, but MB didn't wish to talk.
Exactly. We literally did this last time and everyone lost their collective sh*t, hence this 'compromise solution'.

That said, this experiment doesn't appear to be working super well. Perhaps next election (or in another debate this round) we could hold a Discord debate, and have a scribe transcribe the answers over to Atlas as they come in to keep everyone up to date?

It's been one person holding things up. That can be true no matter the format. As the saying goes, one bad apple can spoil the bunch. A rotten apple moved to a different set of apples is just as problematic.
That's why we have a time limit right now. Let OBD and I focus on moderating, we've done this before. We had similar issues then, so we're handling it. That way everyone else can focus on what matters, which are the answers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies