If marijuana is legal, what should be the minimum age for smoking it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:40:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  If marijuana is legal, what should be the minimum age for smoking it? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
<13, or no minimum age

>21

Marijuana should be illegal

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: If marijuana is legal, what should be the minimum age for smoking it?  (Read 4389 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: May 12, 2014, 01:00:56 AM »

6 people believe kids under 13 deserve to smoke marijuana? Sickening. Sad

Marijuana, bar none, should remain illegal for people of all ages. I'm beginning to move to the right on criminalization despite Ohio's decriminalization of it. I feel we're softening too much on enforcement of the federal law even despite SCOTUS already upholding it as the supreme law. Letting dealers get off even easier will allow for continued high rates of distribution of and usage of marijuana with smaller prison sentences and enforcement that would only increase the popularity and sale of marijuana. Plus, little punishment will make teens think it's okay to smoke marijuana and that they can easily get away with it without consequences and will only hurt their health, memory, grades, social life, and well-being by resorting to purchasing other dangerous drugs that they think are also legal. I oppose legalizing medical marijuana for any age to because there are better prescription substitutes to decrease pain and some will just try to get around it and fake an illness to try to get it prescribed to them by their doctor. Not to mention it could still be risky for letting an ill person take marijuana when he/she could just end up abusing it and then there's also the sub sequential "lobbying" problem with medical marijuana.

And a small reminder, for those who say I don't care about "the poor, minorities etc," I know people: neighbors and friends, who smoke marijuana and I don't rat them out to the cops or on-campus security and administrators because for one, I'm generally a nice guy IRL and I would probably become the campus outcast if I did rat on them, but also because I think they can fight their addictions with support before having to resort to alerting authorities. It's not a sin to care about people and helping them out as much as possible.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies