How would the South Park characters vote in 2008?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:29:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How would the South Park characters vote in 2008?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would the South Park characters vote in 2008?  (Read 1961 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 25, 2007, 06:16:24 PM »

Your thoughts?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 06:55:08 PM »

Kenny would obviously vote Prohibition.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 08:03:30 PM »

Cartmen would obviously lead a write in Rumsfeld\Cheney campaign.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 09:16:24 PM »

Cartman is an anti-Semite, so probably Ron Paul. Tongue

No idea on the others.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 10:01:58 PM »

Cartman - Tancredo
Stan - Obama or Guiliani
Kyle - Obama
Kenny - Huckabee or Edwards

Butters - Romney?
Ms. Garrison - Tancredo (would have been Kucinich when she was a Mr.)
Big Gay Al - Kucinich or Hillary

since they're all from Tancredo's neck of the woods, he gets a bump

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 01:03:35 AM »

Mrs. Garrison: Huckabee; she doesn't believe in evolution ;-)

Stan: Giuliani

Kyle: Obama

Cartman: Tancredo

Kenny: Ron Paul

Jimbo: Thompson

The Broflovskis: Hillary

Mr. Mackey: McCain
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 03:44:36 AM »

Its South Park. Shouldn't 90% of them be voting for Paul?

It really would be hilarious if they did a South Park episode about Paul and his cult-like supporters
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 05:12:15 PM »

Ehh....isn't Park County in Salazar's district and Park county is a pretty moderate county, actually, like any middle mountain county. But yeah, Paul....but when he doesn't win, they will be up for grabs. 
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 06:31:33 PM »

I would be willing to beat Trey Parker and Matt Stone have given money to Ron Paul, abortion seems to be their only difference:

"Abortion?, it goes well with a little red wine"
        -Trey Parker
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 09:14:35 PM »

Cartmen likes using the immigrants.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 09:23:19 AM »

It really would be hilarious if they did a South Park episode about Paul and his cult-like supporters

They haven't made an episode yet making fun of the 2008 election?

That sucks.

I watch it occasionally, "Imaginationland" was awesome.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 06:37:50 PM »

I would be willing to beat Trey Parker and Matt Stone have given money to Ron Paul, abortion seems to be their only difference:

-Trey Parker

Paul fails as a libertarian on abortion.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 12:52:33 AM »

-Trey Parker

Trey Parker and Matt Stone fail as libertarians as well.  They are both hardcore conservatives.  I have never looked at South Park in the same way since the Big Gay Al as Boy Scout leader episode (and remember that I myself am an Eagle Scout!).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 09:49:04 AM »

-Trey Parker

Trey Parker and Matt Stone fail as libertarians as well.  They are both hardcore conservatives.  I have never looked at South Park in the same way since the Big Gay Al as Boy Scout leader episode (and remember that I myself am an Eagle Scout!).

"Hardcore Conservativs"? I don't think so Harry but I'm not sure if I saw the episode you're talking about.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 10:01:07 AM »

Stan - Wouldn't vote because he wouldn't see the point in it.

Kyle - Hillary.  Kyle is a liberal and would support the Dem frontrunner but he'd become quickly disgruntled.

Cartman - Tancredo.  With the comment "you had me at 'bomb Mecca'".

Kenny - Kucinich.  Kenny is poor and likes the hand outs.  Plus Kucinich has a hot wife who Kenny can make lots of lewd comments about.

Mr Garrison - Would want Larry Craig to run .... desperately.

Butters - Howard Dean.  "Whatta ya mean he's not running?  Ahh man ..."  Butters, like Dean, means well but somehow snatches disaster and defeat from the jaws of victory.

Jimbo - Fred Thompson.  Jimbo loves the big truck, the guns, and the hot wife.

Grandpa Marsh - Mike Gravel
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 10:30:43 AM »

-Trey Parker

"Hardcore Conservativs"? I don't think so Harry but I'm not sure if I saw the episode you're talking about.

The Scouts wouldn't let Big Gay Al stay in because he was gay. Which changed by the end of the episode but Harry probably got too mad at a cartoon because of it and didn't watch the end.
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 11:58:51 AM »

I'm sure it will be coming up in one of the new episodes in '08.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2007, 01:22:25 PM »

-Trey Parker

The Scouts wouldn't let Big Gay Al stay in because he was gay. Which changed by the end of the episode but Harry probably got too mad at a cartoon because of it and didn't watch the end.

And Big Gay Al wouldn't join back at the end, because he didn't think it was right that they were being forced to accept him.

I thought it was a good episode.  The scouts discriminated against Big Gay Al because he was gay, and replaced him with an overly straight acting man who liked to take naked pictures of the boys.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 11:32:07 PM »

-Trey Parker

No, Big Gay Al was like "The Scouts should be able to discriminate"  The point of the episode was Matt and Trey approve of the Boy Scouts' gay bigotry.  If an actual libertarian made the show, they would have argued to the end that Al should have been let back in.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 01:14:29 AM »

-Trey Parker

No, Big Gay Al was like "The Scouts should be able to discriminate"  The point of the episode was Matt and Trey approve of the Boy Scouts' gay bigotry.  If an actual libertarian made the show, they would have argued to the end that Al should have been let back in.

I believe the ultimate libertarian position would be that the government shouldn't be telling organizations whom to let and whom not to let in. 
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2007, 01:55:36 PM »

-Trey Parker

I believe the ultimate libertarian position would be that the government shouldn't be telling organizations whom to let and whom not to let in. 

Yep, that was pretty much the point. They weren't saying it was ok to discriminate, unlike what Harry thinks.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 06:19:10 PM »

-Trey Parker

Yep, that was pretty much the point. They weren't saying it was ok to discriminate, unlike what Harry thinks.

Yes, they were.  They were saying it should be allowed for the Scouts to have a hateful discriminatory policy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies