So.. Goverment Accountbility, eh?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:38:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  So.. Goverment Accountbility, eh?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So.. Goverment Accountbility, eh?  (Read 1151 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2007, 01:11:22 PM »
« edited: October 07, 2007, 05:43:58 PM by Gully Foyle »

So after all the controversy that the firm Blackwater Security Company (which btw is so partizanly Republican it often funds Green Party candidates) -  has been involved in such as demonstrated here, here (this specifically refers to the incident below) and in more detail here and here, you think the Bush adminstration would try to at least be somewhat reign in their activites... but nooooo... look at this for perfect example of Cronyism in Action:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/054718.php

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 05:15:04 PM »

I'm trying really, really hard to be surprised, but it's not happening.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 05:25:28 PM »

So after all the controversy that the firm Blackwater Security Company (which btw is so partizanly Republican it often funds Green Party candidates)

And you keep arguing there's nothing wrong with the Green Party?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 05:38:27 PM »

So after all the controversy that the firm Blackwater Security Company (which btw is so partizanly Republican it often funds Green Party candidates)

So out of the important factoids in this thread you use one to attack me. BRTD, you are just sad and pathetic, don't you have a strip club to go to?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 06:02:28 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2007, 06:04:15 PM by I Never Met Another Gemini »

So out of the important factoids in this thread you use one to attack me. BRTD, you are just sad and pathetic, don't you have a strip club to go to?

I just want to know what's the reason for your endless "Democrats are Satan incarnate, Ralph Nader and the Greens are angels and the saviors of American politics" when also openly admit the Green Party is a proxy of the Republicans and give me crap for bashing them over the SAME THINGS you mention here.

And I went to a strip club last night actually because I was dragged to it by visiting buddy who wanted to escape his wife for awhile. But most aren't open on Sundays.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »

What the hell does any of that have to do with Blackwater?  Stay on topic or STFU, Zack.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 06:13:40 PM »

I just want to know what's the reason for your endless "Democrats are Satan incarnate, Ralph Nader and the Greens are angels and the saviors of American politics" when also openly admit the Green Party is a proxy of the Republicans and give me crap for bashing them over the SAME THINGS you mention here.

And I went to a strip club last night actually because I was dragged to it by visiting buddy who wanted to escape his wife for awhile. But most aren't open on Sundays.

Thanks for the thread-Jack, and for putting words in my mouth - I have never once said any of those things you mention here.

But since you asked, I'll give you my opinion:
- The Democratic Party is a bastion of a political class in the United States which went beyond moral bankruptcy a long time ago. Little more than a faction of conflicting interest groups it often depends on the votes of the very people it ends up failing. It is not a liberal party; never mind a progressive or even Radical (HAHAHA) one.
- Ralph Nader is a hypocrite; I've said this something like twenty times time - the fact is I support his right to run for office which is the essence of democracy, no?
- The Green Party of the United States is a better alternative in certain respects to the two major parties; though I would never let get near power myself. As for it being a proxy, not really - but it can be useful for right-wing purposes. (Who do think votes for the GP? Hard Core Republicans? Not likely)

Now could you kindly please STFU and get back on topic. My opinions are probably the least important things in this thread.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 07:03:26 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2007, 07:09:44 PM by I Never Met Another Gemini »

- The Democratic Party is a bastion of a political class in the United States which went beyond moral bankruptcy a long time ago. Little more than a faction of conflicting interest groups it often depends on the votes of the very people it ends up failing. It is not a liberal party; never mind a progressive or even Radical (HAHAHA) one.

But I agree with most of the interest groups, and they are better than the Republicans and the  Greens/Ralph Nader. Hence they have my vote. And there are many progressive members, who has done more for progressivism and against Bush: Russ Feingold or Ralph Nader.

Just like you.

- I've said this something like twenty times time - the fact is I support his right to run for office which is the essence of democracy, no?

Then why have you said you'd vote for him? And why don't you constantly defend Peroutka or Badnarik? Why not attacks on how the Democrats tried to dig up an archaic election law to remove my former Republican congressman from the ballot last year (it failed, but he lost anyway)? And why do you defend him against attacks by me that have nothing to do with that, such as my attacks on his extreme authoriatarianism?

- The Green Party of the United States is a better alternative in certain respects to the two major parties; though I would never let get near power myself. As for it being a proxy, not really - but it can be useful for right-wing purposes.

If it helps right wing purposes how can you support them? If they help the Republicans, they are no better than the Republicans, period.

- - (Who do think votes for the GP? Hard Core Republicans? Not likely)

Protest voters and morons.

Better question: Who FUNDS the Green Party?

- - Now could you kindly please STFU and get back on topic. My opinions are probably the least important things in this thread.

I don't care, I'm just exposing your hypocrisy.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 07:19:40 PM »

God you're annoying (Can we PLEASE move this petty feud over to another thread, May I suggest making a "Random BRTD cheap lies and petty rivarly thread" (Hey with your ability to smear and make random sh**t up out of seemingly innocent comments you truly show another sign of becoming a republican. Lee Atwater would be proud.)

Probably Feingold; but as you don't bring up Feingold when slandering me I don't talk about him.. Also the Democrats Include Interest groups like this:

This is at least the Second time I've posted some of this article (couldn't post all due to character limit) here in response to my opinions on Gore\Clinton. Yet you always ignore me to narrow in on unimportant issues like my personal distaste of binge drinkers (which btw is borne out of personal experience.)

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=468

Most of his "authoriatarianism" is little more than being concerned about major vices in society such as gambling and alcohol (You don't like poors do you?) and attacking the Democratic party for being in alliance with such groups. The fact that Dobson also agrees only helps his position in that he can gain a high profile ally in such a campaign (even though I doubt he would agree with any of the Dobson program)

As for Badnarik and Peroutka, I'm fully in favour of them running for president but when's the last time you or anyone else has made a thread about them

Well, I'm not American so my support is nebulous, and I only agree with about 25% of the Green program anyway and any Green Party goverment I would imagine would look alot like the goverment of Jerry Brown from California Uber Alles (Actually so would a BRTD-led land as a matter of fact, Minnesota Uber Alles) - but my hypothetical support is simple: it's the least insane of the three major third parties; it is also the most internationalist.

As if there is no reason at all to Protest Vote....

Don't know the exact figures and I agree that the party should not try and seek Republican money (though with the draconian ballot access laws you have I'm somewhat sympathetic).

NOW WHAT DOES ALL THIS HAVE TO DO WITH BLACKWATER!!!11

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 09:04:54 PM »

God you're annoying (Can we PLEASE move this petty feud over to another thread, May I suggest making a "Random BRTD cheap lies and petty rivarly thread" (Hey with your ability to smear and make random sh**t up out of seemingly innocent comments you truly show another sign of becoming a republican. Lee Atwater would be proud.)

Yeah, because Democrats NEVER do that. I seem to recall a Democratic PAC called Vote Vets putting out ultra-misleading ads claiming various Republicans prevented troops from receiving adequate body armor. It was complete bullsh!t, but every single Republican they ran it against lost.

Vote Vets = Freedom Fighters

Probably Feingold; but as you don't bring up Feingold when slandering me I don't talk about him..

OK, so why not support the progressive within the Democratic party like Feingold instead of right wing hacks like Nader?

In 2002, the Green Party ran a Senate candidate that was to the right of Paul Wellstone and had ties to some companies with not all that environmentally friendly records. Why should I vote for a hack like that?

Also, until the 2005 elections there was a Green on the Minneapolis City Council. Everyone else was a Democrat. Despite that he voted to the right of some of the Democrats, and where is he now? In prison, for accepting bribes.

Man, those Greens sure are the party of integrity.

Also the Democrats Include Interest groups like this:

That's hardly a key Democratic interest group. Things like unions, pro-choice activists, etc. which I all agree with, are. Al Gore is ONE PERSON, and while he's certainly not perfect, neither  is Nader, so given a choice between them and Bush, I'll go with Gore.

Most of his "authoriatarianism" is little more than being concerned about major vices in society such as gambling and alcohol

And wanting more government regulation on them. Nader wants to ban advertising hard liquor, internet gambling, and a bunch of other things. He is a true enemy of freedom.

I am a poor.

and attacking the Democratic party for being in alliance with such groups.

Yay for the Democrats standing up for freedom!

The fact that Dobson also agrees only helps his position in that he can gain a high profile ally in such a campaign (even though I doubt he would agree with any of the Dobson program)

Wow, getting a high profile guy like Dobson on his side sure will drag me to the cause!

No one even remotely left of center will support something because James Dobson does.

As for Badnarik and Peroutka, I'm fully in favour of them running for president but when's the last time you or anyone else has made a thread about them

Well, I'm not American so my support is nebulous, and I only agree with about 25% of the Green program anyway and any Green Party goverment I would imagine would look alot like the goverment of Jerry Brown from California Uber Alles (Actually so would a BRTD-led land as a matter of fact, Minnesota Uber Alles) - but my hypothetical support is simple: it's the least insane of the three major third parties

Hahahahaha, now that's a laugh. There's nothing insane about policies that would crash the economy in two weeks and allowing local municipalities to carry out public executions of homosexuals if a majority of the population in that municipality approved it in a referendum?

Yeah, internationalism is so great! Bush's internationalism sure as hell has improved the world!

As if there is no reason at all to Protest Vote....

There's always going to be discontent people. See my brother, who voted for Peroutka, on no basis whatsoever other than that he liked his name the most of all candidates running. He now supports Ron Paul solely because Paul is the most pro-gambling candidate.

Don't know the exact figures and I agree that the party should not try and seek Republican money (though with the draconian ballot access laws you have I'm somewhat sympathetic).

Ballot laws vary greatly state by state. Nader was on the ballot in 47 states in 2000, so it's clearly not too draconian in most. In 2004 the only state with no third party candidates was Oklahoma, and I think that's the first time that's happened in any state since the 60s.

NOW WHAT DOES ALL THIS HAVE TO DO WITH BLACKWATER!!!11

It's hilarious that you're attacking Blackwater for funding a party you support.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 09:19:37 PM »

As I've said before, Bush is no Truman or Lincoln.  As this tangled mess of corruption in his administration is further unraveled over the years to come, mainstream opinion of him will only decline.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 10:42:15 PM »

It's hilarious that you're attacking Blackwater for funding a party you support.

I was under the impression that this topic was about Blackwater's investigation being outsourced to Blackwater, but okay.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 05:17:30 AM »

*Hits head slowly against the nearest wall*

You know BRTD forget it, you've managed to derail an important issue due to your petty and insignificant feuding. I'm was merely pointing out how partizan Blackwater was towards the political process and that I think the Green party is the most well meaning US political party, even if totally batty. If you believe any of that translates into "I love Ralph Nader" well then I'm totally happy for you.

P.S: Bush is not an Internationalist.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 10:48:25 AM »

and that I think the Green party is the most well meaning US political party, even if totally batty.

Then you should LIKE Blackwater for donating to them and helping them out. Because anything that helps the Greens is good, right?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 08:48:45 AM »

I love Ralph Nader.

This thread deserves more discussion. Top.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies