The "PPP leaks stuff about their polls" thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 12:05:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The "PPP leaks stuff about their polls" thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The "PPP leaks stuff about their polls" thread  (Read 46276 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 10:02:23 AM »

So you think there will be a massive polling failure on a scale unprecedented in recent United States elections? Cool.

No, I think PPP has a higher house effect that is being admitted to and that Marist is crap.  

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Everything I've head and seen is that Romney is hitting more, especially in the swing states.  

Ah, no, I just posted the NC figures and I have posted the PA figures previously.  

BTW, it was right the last time.  Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 10:12:25 AM »

I'll have something on PA by 3:00 PM on election day.

I can't wait for your crucial report.

You may wish to. 

Actually, I don't really care, as I take you and your reports and analysis about as seriously as Dick Morris, but I'm kind of looking forward to listening to your excuses on Tuesday night.

My prediction is 205 at 1:30-1:45 PM.  It was 214 in 2008.  I expect this to drop due to registration changes.  It was around 170 in 2004.  If it is below 160, Obama might have a problem.  

I expect Obama to carry PA.  
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 10:17:04 AM »

Well you've dismissed PPP and Marist (despite clinging to Rasmussen, which is much more "crap" than either), but you seem to be ignoring SUSA, CNN, Time, University of Cincinnati, Quinnipiac, Ipsos, Fox, and Purple Strategies. Fact: there is not a single non-partisan public poll showing Mitt Romney winning Ohio. Not one. Even Rasmussen has moved back into a tie.

Where have I "dismissed" PPP; I've said they house effect, and that can be compensated for.  UC a +4 for "Other," but that is still in MOE. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 10:21:32 AM »

Well you've dismissed PPP and Marist (despite clinging to Rasmussen, which is much more "crap" than either), but you seem to be ignoring SUSA, CNN, Time, University of Cincinnati, Quinnipiac, Ipsos, Fox, and Purple Strategies. Fact: there is not a single non-partisan public poll showing Mitt Romney winning Ohio. Not one. Even Rasmussen has moved back into a tie.

Where have I "dismissed" PPP; I've said they house effect, and that can be compensated for.  UC a +4 for "Other," but that is still in MOE. 

What about all the other polls? You can't just take PPP and subtract a certain amount and declare that the final correct margin.

Well, actually, you probably think that is how it works...

I do understand that, but I treat is as a rule of thumb.  I am saying that there is this house effect.  We'll see if Obama wins Ohio by 4.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies