I am outraged.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:27:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I am outraged.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: I am outraged.  (Read 2754 times)
Kevinstat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2005, 11:44:22 PM »

The current line we have is "25 posts between elections".

When was the last election that counts for this "25 posts between elections".  My 25th-to-last post before this weekend (also my 25th-to-last post before voting and before last weekend when the election was supposed to take place) was on November 21, 2004.  I know that was after the last Presidential election, but I know there were some elections between there, although I'm not sure if there were any elections where people voted on this site for anything in the Northeast.  If there was such an election, I'm not sure whether that election would be the standard for the 25-posts rule, or whether it's the last Presidential election.

I have voted, btw.

Kevin
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2005, 11:50:19 PM »

When was the last election that counts for this "25 posts between elections".  My 25th-to-last post before this weekend (also my 25th-to-last post before voting and before last weekend when the election was supposed to take place) was on November 21, 2004.  I know that was after the last Presidential election, but I know there were some elections between there, although I'm not sure if there were any elections where people voted on this site for anything in the Northeast.  If there was such an election, I'm not sure whether that election would be the standard for the 25-posts rule, or whether it's the last Presidential election.

I have voted, btw.

Kevin

Doesn't matter, it doesnt apply for these elections, only for the next ones.
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2005, 12:26:33 AM »

I have a question: does the 25 votes need to be on the Fantasy Forum or on the Atlas?
If it is only on the Fantasy Forum then it is completely ridiculous, some people just like to read and not necessarily make posts every day.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2005, 12:27:23 AM »

I have a question: does the 25 votes need to be on the Fantasy Forum or on the Atlas?
If it is only on the Fantasy Forum then it is completely ridiculous, some people just like to read and not necessarily make posts every day.

They can be anywhere.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2005, 12:28:44 AM »

I agree with ThePrezMex.

But now Gabu just posted, making this comment useless. But hey, I got to keep up with my 1,000-a-day post rate.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2005, 12:29:16 AM »

I have voted, btw.

Kevin

I should have specified that as it appears in the legislation; that's 25 posts between federal elections.  So, Presidental and Senate elections.  Region-specific stuff doesn't count.

Regardless, as KEmperor said, that stuff doesn't apply to this election.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2005, 01:32:04 AM »

I joined the Fantasy Board because I thought it was fun.
What you are all saying is complete nonsense. You are trying to regulate the Fantasy Forum out of existence. For once I totally agree with States Rights, you are taking the fun out of it.
You all seem to be just concentrated in the process and technicalities and not on the important issues.
I don't see anything wrong with trying to woo inactive voters. Not everybody spends the entire day here, people are busy. Perhaps they joined sometime and then didn't have time to get back. A reminder from a candidate is a good way to try to make them come back and get interested again. Trying to invite people that are active in other forums but not the Fantasy one is great. I got an invitation some months ago and I decided to join; I felt good to get that invitation, because I thought it was just a game of 'insiders' and that it was not really open for everybody. The invitation made me see that it was not that way.
Trying to enroll people and inviting them to vote is a great GOTV effort, this is one thing that we should learn to do if we want to go into real politics.
I don't see anything wrong with bringing inactive voters, as long as they come under their own volition.
Another totally different thing is making up false profiles or invented persons in order to vote, that is fraud. But as I have read here, you are all very good at tracing IP's and all that, so you could enforce that pretty easily.

Thank you Mr PrezMex for standing up with me and being strongly against voter disenfranchisment.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies