Lieutenant Governor: Ticket or separate election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:13:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Lieutenant Governor: Ticket or separate election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How should lieutenant governors get elected? If a ticket election, how should the nominee be selected?
Ticket election

- separate primary

- Gov. candidate selects running mate

Separate election

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Lieutenant Governor: Ticket or separate election?  (Read 903 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: July 16, 2017, 10:08:53 AM »
« edited: July 16, 2017, 10:17:28 AM by Delegate West_Midlander »

Not sure what my preference is here.  I know that in Connecticut, the party candidate selects his/her running mate, and they are elected on the same ticket with the gubernatorial candidate.  
I think it should work like that. Lt. Gov has the same dynamic as VP on a state as opposed to national level. He/she should be selected by the Gubernatorial nominee and the two should be elected together (as a ticket).

My opinion is as such because in a close election, the Lt. Gov and Gov. can be of different parties, if they're elected separately. Situation in NC currently, if Roy couldn't serve, the (Acting) Gov's party would be different from the elected Gov's party. Dan Forest is Lt. Gov (R-NC). Regardless of party, it's unfair to the voters to allow a party 'coup' like that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies