1.01.10 - The Imposition - (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:09:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  1.01.10 - The Imposition - (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1.01.10 - The Imposition -  (Read 27164 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 16, 2013, 01:08:11 AM »

This thread reminds me that I should be somewhere else having sex.

If this thread is anything like your sex life, I feel profound sympathy for your sex partner.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 04:35:03 PM »

Companies downsizing medical costs just as they already have largely done with pension costs is nothing new.  If you bother with less partisan sources, you'll find out that the main connection to Obamacare is that because of the reinvigorated individual insurance market, Obamacare has made feasible private health exchanges modeled on the public ones that Obamacare is creating.  Before Walgreens could only hope to offer it employees only a couple of choices choices.  Now in some states they'll be able to offer them as many as twenty-five.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Isn't competition supposed to be a good thing?  It appears that whatever its faults, Obamacare is managing to get the individualized insurance market reinvigorated and competitive again.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »

Isn't competition supposed to be a good thing?  It appears that whatever its faults, Obamacare is managing to get the individualized insurance market reinvigorated and competitive again.

It is not much of a earned sale when the product is substantially subsidized from the collection of another person.

You mean like the current system of tax subsidized employer provided health insurance?  Let me know when the GOP proposes to eliminate those existing subsidies along with Obamacare and I might consider the idea as actually being an idea instead of mindless political posturing.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 08:57:20 PM »

I think thost_1 thinks O-Day is sort of like “Day-O” in Beetlejuice with us being taken control of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQXVHITd1N4
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 12:54:31 PM »

Has everyone found appropriate cover? I don't want anyone getting hurt when O-Day arrives.

Depends.  With fallout from the nuclear option of shutting down the government, it may be not everyone will have sufficent airtight shelter to avoid being contaminated by GOP weaponry.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 01:53:34 PM »

..oh, that Iranian phone call the president had, that was an invitation to look at their new product roll-out, the Israelis said they weren't buying it.

Of course the Israelis aren't buying it.  They already have it and they are really hoping to remain the only ones in their neighborhood with it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 01:34:06 AM »

I expect the fat lady to sing no earlier than the 17th of October now.  The 17th of October is notable in American history as a day of surrenders.  In 1777 on that date, Gen. Burgoyne surrendered his army at Saratoga.  In 1781, Gen. Cornwalis surrendered his army at Yorktown.

Who will surrender on that date in 2013 in Washington? Only time will tell, but I hope it will be Boehner who surrenders to sanity.

Let me close by quoting three verses from a poem by Jupiter Hammon, the first published African American writer, who was born on the 17th of October in 1711.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

We can only hope that Tea Partiers will cease serving Mammon, but I doubt it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 11:11:06 AM »

Yeah, clearly Obama needs to read The Mythical Man-Month.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 10:15:07 AM »

It's like an abstract piece of art. It's whatever you want it to be.

You mean like the Update?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 09:18:11 AM »

The government stopped it shutdown weeks ago. Why is this man not banned?

Perhaps because this thread is putatively about Obamacare and not the shutdown?  Altho one can argue that if the O-Day clock is supposed to be counting the days before and after the implementation of the exchanges, then have we truly hit O-Dau 1 yet given all the problems there have been?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 01:30:58 PM »

For all that are wondering if there is a statue of limitations to the progressive purpose; no, just the Clinton and Obama memorials.     

Sadly, language mistakes like this are a diamond dozen in this doggy-dog world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq8gfaFqFpI
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »

A historic O-Day today and yet I found myself wondering more about your costumer.

Are you implying that Emperor Obama needs new clothes, or are you saying that the website malfunction is analogous to a wardrobe malfunction?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 05:26:21 PM »

Reading this topic, I feel like I am looking into an alternate universe where the United States has become a military dictatorship.

Don't be silly.  If we were a military dictatorship, there is no way the military budget could come close to being as bloated and wasteful as it is without severe rioting.  The generals and admirals have no incentive to set up a military dictatorship at all.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 09:19:01 AM »

Just out of curiosity, does t_host1 have to update the count on the thread title every morning, or does the site software do it for him? 

While that would be a neat feature, he has to manually update it himself.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 06:33:17 AM »

He should stop, because the thread was about the government shutdown and that's over now.
No, it was always about Obamacare, with O-Day 1 being the start of when you could sign up, which is coincidentally the day the shutdown began.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies