The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:39:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Author Topic: The Confession Booth: Post something very personal about yourself  (Read 54320 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: August 19, 2013, 01:18:52 PM »

Oh I understand now... And where will you study next year?

I'm studying in Pennsylvania. I really need the change of scenery, plus I have family and friends down there.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #326 on: August 19, 2013, 01:35:15 PM »

I'm studying in Pennsylvania. I really need the change of scenery, plus I have family and friends down there.

University of Pennsylvania? I'm not sure but I think it's a really prestigious university. Congratulations!
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #327 on: August 19, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »

University of Pennsylvania? I'm not sure but I think it's a really prestigious university. Congratulations!

No, Millersville University.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #328 on: August 19, 2013, 03:20:08 PM »

No, Millersville University.

Ooops, I always thought there was only an university per state (I'm stupid).

rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #329 on: August 19, 2013, 04:03:03 PM »

Isn't a vegetarian who eats fish just a pescetarian? Either way, I frown upon vegetarianism and outright hate veganism, which is a wholly non-viable diet for anyone with a smidgen of physical accomplishment.

Protein supplements are a thing that exists.

Not for vegans who are prohibited from the consumption of whey. Soy is the only option at that point, which is demonstrated to lack the complete amino-acid profile of animal products. There's a reason there are very few veg athletes and strong people, and the ones that are quickly reconsider.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #330 on: August 19, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »

Peter Siddle seems to be doing alright, even if the story about the eighteen bananas is vaguely horrifying.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #331 on: August 19, 2013, 05:41:40 PM »

Peter Siddle seems to be doing alright, even if the story about the eighteen bananas is vaguely horrifying.

Mind you, consider the match day diets of your typical 1930s fast bowler: booze, and not much else. Including one of the greatest practitioners of that noble craft (see signature).
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #332 on: August 19, 2013, 06:11:39 PM »

I like sushi...

No...

I love sushi.  There it is, Atlas.

I hate sushi. I feel like that's even more of a confession honestly. Feels like all my food-hipster-ish vegetarian/vegan friends are in love with it and I'm the only one who isn't.

How can they eat sushi if they're vegetarian/vegan?

Tennessee must be even more of a cultural wasteland than I thought Wink

I feel like it's pretty common to call oneself vegetarian but still eat fish once in a while.  Definitely at least one of my close(ish) friends falls into that category, and, hey, fish is basically a vegetable according to the laws of kashrut anyway FWIW. Tongue

Those "vegetarians" annoy me greatly; whether or not something lives in water seems like a morally irrelevant distinction w/r/t killing it for food. Especially with overfishing being an issue that stance doesn't really make sense to me. I guess doing it for taste reasons makes sense, that was originally the reason I became vegetarian, ethical considerations came later.

The answer to this question is that there's no food that can't be turned into some kind of hipsterified vegan gluten-free organic local raw version when it becomes the new fad. I'm pretty sure train is quite familiar with this, living where he does :b.

Pretty much any sushi place I've ever seen will have some varying amount of actually vegetarian options on their menu, such as cucumber rolls (yawn) or peanut avocado (which is pretty good), and of course that staple miso soup.  But I have honestly never seen a place, even in NYC, that goes all-out on vegan sushi.  I'm sure it exists, just haven't seen it.  I don't think it's particularly fair to expect a plethora of vegan sushi in Tennessee, or to decry it as a cultural wasteland for that reason.

Don't get me started on gluten-free.  I mean, I'm glad it's an option for the people who really need it, but it really seems like most of its popularity is due to pseudoscientific fad diets, as well as the nocebo effect.

I'll admit that I've never seen a fully vegan sushi restaurant either, although Google tells me there appearantly is one in midtown. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #333 on: August 19, 2013, 06:27:07 PM »

On a different note other than sushi (which I do like, as well as bacon... My mind is very strange),
I am very VERY VERY cautious about numbers and symbols... I don't know why, but I just happened to be wired that way... And yes, my Christianity has something to do with it, but I take it to a TOTALLY different level. Like drinking 14 gulps of water instead of 13, and picking 7 over 6, and my favorite number is 21 (21/3=7) and my least favorite number is 18 (18/3=6) and other numbers are like that... Like 13 times 3; the year and number 1666 (surprisingly the year of the Great Fire of London FYI), and I have to admit, I was a little concerned about the 12/21/12 thing... So there you have it Atlas, I'm scared of certain numbers...
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #334 on: August 19, 2013, 09:26:55 PM »

On a different note other than sushi (which I do like, as well as bacon... My mind is very strange),
I am very VERY VERY cautious about numbers and symbols... I don't know why, but I just happened to be wired that way... And yes, my Christianity has something to do with it, but I take it to a TOTALLY different level. Like drinking 14 gulps of water instead of 13, and picking 7 over 6, and my favorite number is 21 (21/3=7) and my least favorite number is 18 (18/3=6) and other numbers are like that... Like 13 times 3; the year and number 1666 (surprisingly the year of the Great Fire of London FYI), and I have to admit, I was a little concerned about the 12/21/12 thing... So there you have it Atlas, I'm scared of certain numbers...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_disorder
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #335 on: August 20, 2013, 08:15:35 AM »

That's weird, I rolled my eyes 13 times while reading that post
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #336 on: August 20, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »

Hey, some numbers are scary. Bad things are shown to happen when 1488 pops up.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #337 on: August 27, 2013, 07:42:45 PM »

Last fall, I was writing a short erotic story in which krazen gets seduced, and then raped, by his male high school teacher.  Sadly, I was about halfway through with it before I forgot about it and the file got deleted when I had to clean my hard drive.  From what I remember, it was pretty graphic.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #338 on: August 27, 2013, 10:08:22 PM »

Last fall, I was writing a short erotic story in which krazen gets seduced, and then raped, by his male high school teacher.  Sadly, I was about halfway through with it before I forgot about it and the file got deleted when I had to clean my hard drive.  From what I remember, it was pretty graphic.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #339 on: August 27, 2013, 10:10:18 PM »

I'm absolutely terrified to go back for my last semester of undergraduate in a few days, and absolutely convinced emotionally that I will fail even though I know intellectually that I almost certainly won't.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #340 on: August 27, 2013, 10:22:22 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2013, 10:23:57 PM by Scott »

Yeah, I know.  He said something that got me really angry one day.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #341 on: August 27, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »

Last fall, I was writing a short erotic story in which krazen gets seduced, and then raped, by his male high school teacher.  Sadly, I was about halfway through with it before I forgot about it and the file got deleted when I had to clean my hard drive.  From what I remember, it was pretty graphic.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #342 on: August 28, 2013, 07:08:52 AM »

Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #343 on: August 28, 2013, 07:10:37 AM »

I might be wrong but I think that's a FallenMorgan reference
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #344 on: August 28, 2013, 07:11:02 AM »

"Krazen" and "erotic" does not belong in the same sentence.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #345 on: August 28, 2013, 10:50:24 AM »

It's not.

Like I said, I was angry one day.  Really angry.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #346 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:54 AM »

It's not.

Like I said, I was angry one day.  Really angry.

Scott, remind me never to piss you off. Tongue
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #347 on: August 28, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »

Realized that the music I listen to is pretty much 100% Baroque/Classical Christian sacred music and, excepting Handel, is basically all in Latin.  Why do I have a playlist that's all various settings of the Te Deum Laudamus?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #348 on: August 28, 2013, 01:06:17 PM »

Realized that the music I listen to is pretty much 100% Baroque/Classical Christian sacred music and, excepting Handel, is basically all in Latin.  Why do I have a playlist that's all various settings of the Te Deum Laudamus?

Attention?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #349 on: August 28, 2013, 01:06:49 PM »

I have this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femoral_Acetabular_Impingement It sucks Sad
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies