Independent Kasich campaign? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:48:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Independent Kasich campaign? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Independent Kasich campaign?  (Read 3223 times)
BushKerry04

« on: July 04, 2017, 08:39:24 PM »

First of all, I would support John Kasich over Trump and the Democratic nominee easily. Kasich isn't a loony leftist like the Democrats, nor is he an ignoramus like Trump.

But putting aside my opinion for the moment, it is possible he can take votes equally from Trump and the Democratic nominee. It depends who the Democrats nominate.

In a generic (D) Vs. Trump race, I think Kasich takes away slightly more from Trump than the Democrats. He appeals to moderate suburban voters, soccer moms, and professionals who identify as Republicans but who aren't big fans of Trump. Never Trump conservatives and libertarians won't be voting for Kasich in large numbers, those I suspect a few will.

If the Democrats nominate a far-left candidate like Elizabeth Warren or Cory Booker, it's possible Kasich hurts the Democrats more because independents are driven away from the party's nominee. If they nominate someone like Joe Biden, then Kasich still hurts Trump more than the Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies