RBH's Maps (Now, Atlas Election Entry Script & County Map Generation)

(1/40) > >>

True Democrat:
I think we should find a way to keep RBH's maps and maps made by any other member of the forum.  Putting them on the wiki (hopefully with the data) would be a good way for everyone to look at this information.

Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon:
Definately - we need a way of organizing user-created maps.  I suggested something like that to Alcon a few weeks ago but I didn't want to start doing it without help and without suggestions from the forum at-large.

bgwah:
Quote from: President True Democrat on December 30, 2006, 02:20:47 PM

I think we should find a way to keep RBH's maps and maps made by any other member of the forum.  Putting them on the wiki (hopefully with the data) would be a good way for everyone to look at this information.

I've put a lot of my maps on the Wiki. Just ask Dave for an account.

nclib:
Quote from: President True Democrat on December 30, 2006, 02:20:47 PM

I think we should find a way to keep RBH's maps and maps made by any other member of the forum.  Putting them on the wiki (hopefully with the data) would be a good way for everyone to look at this information.

I would agree with that.

BTW, is there a way to make county maps like his, without having to use paint?

ElectionAtlas:
Hi all and Happy New Year:

I've got something that you may like here:  I've created a new datatable for other offices/elections that users can contribute through an upload script and generate county maps.  The upload script is still in development and is located here.  Here are the SC 2002 Races for:

Lt. Governor here

Sec of State here

State Treasurer here

Changes to link the pages from the wiki here

The form looks intimidating at first, but really not bad once you get used to it.  It requires the entry of the year, candidate names and party, the election type (general, rep primary, dem primary), the state, the office, the source info, possible notes for fusion, etc., and a tab-delimited county data file (there is an excel template linked on the input form page to assist you). 

Important: Data file:
only include lines in the tab-delimited file that contain data (no blank lines or title lines)
the tab-deliminted file must have UNIX return characters (there should be an option in the text editor or possibly excel to set this).
one state at a time and must include the fips and name info as shown in the template.

For Referenda, questions, initiatives, etc., the names would be shown like
"Question 5: Yes" with shortname "Yes"
"Question 5: No" with shortname "No"

There is a bunch more work to do to get the linked pages from the election summary to work properly for these elections (will be forthcoming).  Also, credit will be shown on the state summary page for the contributor.  Other offices can be added.

Please submit feedback (feature requests, bugs, etc.)

Enjoy,
Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page