End of the Budget Amendment [Tabled] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:12:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  End of the Budget Amendment [Tabled] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: End of the Budget Amendment [Tabled]  (Read 6132 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: September 19, 2007, 06:25:33 AM »

(Al, your Jury Reform Bill will be next).

Ah, good, good.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:07:38 PM »

a GM named (I'm guessing we don't even have one at this point)

No, there is no GM anymore. The last one (ie; me) abolished the position (which I still think was the correct decision. The GM experiment was worth having, but it was still a failure).

There is, however, an unoccupied position going by the title "media regulator". From what I remember, I decided to make this "media regulator" responsible for official economic statistics. Or at least the regulation of them.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Impossible, for various different reasons.

One of which is the fact that the economy of Atlasia crashed and burned on several different occasions (the causes of which varied from our nasty little habit of having a civil war every five seconds to simple neglect) and nothing was ever done to help it to recover.

Btw, the process of the budget was absolute hell and extremely dull to boot. Of course, my memories of it all are, perhaps, coloured by the fact that the time in which the Senate did budgets was also the time in which Vulgar Libertarianism* was the official ideology of this place.

Doing the budget was also rather pointless; the game functioned well enough (better actually) before it, and has functioned fairly well (most of the time) after it. I'm not really opposed to the principle of having a budget, but it would have to be nothing like the old system, which was, probably, one of the worst things ever to hit the game (and as one of the people that suggested it (sort of) and one of the majority that voted for it, I'm happy to accept my share of the blame for the fiasco that was the budget. See, that's the problem with being here for so long. No chance of clean hands, even if you aren't corrupt).

*A reference to Vulgar Marxism.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 12:29:17 PM »

But it doesn't have to be, especially if the debate is shifted away from raw numbers and more towards general economic policy—which Atlasia definitely needs to have.

True enough. But I think in order to do that the budget system would have to be much simpler than current/former setup.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 04:18:39 AM »

I believe that I declared that the Regulator would count as "GM" for legal purposes. So a Media Regulator needs to be found.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 10:00:03 AM »

Nay
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 04:01:04 AM »

Strike "detailed" from your draft, Sam, and it's worth debating.

There has to be a bit of realism - and realism involves, here, admitting that we aren't capable of doing an actual budget unless we play this game full time. Just as it involves admitting we aren't capable of simulating running the US of A on current levels of commitment.

This comment should be bumped
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 05:32:39 AM »

Aye

This is an issue that the game has to deal with, eventually, but this probably isn't the best place for it. Public debate is needed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies