DoFE Tracker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:54:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DoFE Tracker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DoFE Tracker  (Read 24499 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: October 22, 2010, 11:11:06 PM »

Oh great, looks like Fritz and Kalwejt will win. Two horrible human beings. -_-

I mean, I've seen alot of people criticizing Kalwejt over the months, and I certainly don't agree that he's a "horrible human being." But Fritz?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:16:05 PM »

I really don't know why MJ hates me so fiercely.  My arrogance??  Wha..?

Like I said earlier, I did nothing to deserve his hatred.  Maybe you're right, Earl- he hates me because I'm gay.

You're a gay?  Damn, And it's too late to change my vote. Wink

JCP has plenty of gays. Tongue

I want to say that at one point last year the entire JCP Senate delegation was gay. (Just checked. I was correct. At least in the 32nd Senate, all JCP Senators were gay.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 08:33:44 PM »

I really don't know why MJ hates me so fiercely.  My arrogance??  Wha..?

Like I said earlier, I did nothing to deserve his hatred.  Maybe you're right, Earl- he hates me because I'm gay.

I want to say that at one point last year the entire JCP Senate delegation was gay. (Just checked. I was correct. At least in the 32nd Senate, all JCP Senators were gay.)

Well that's gay... Tongue

Good times were had by all in the meetings of the JCP coc-.. caucus. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 09:32:58 PM »

Why don't you just go ahead and write mailing lists while you're at it, at this point. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 12:54:44 AM »

I really don't know why MJ hates me so fiercely.  My arrogance??  Wha..?

Like I said earlier, I did nothing to deserve his hatred.  Maybe you're right, Earl- he hates me because I'm gay.

Well that's gay... Tongue

Good times were had by all in the meetings of the JCP coc-.. caucus. Tongue

So are straight people even allowed in the JCP?...or perhaps a better name would be the Gay Old Party?

I think I'll refer to the JCP from now on as the GOP.

We're willing to put you through a conversion course, if you like.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 07:52:48 PM »

I still remain pessimistic. It's in my blood.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 11:10:28 PM »

I fully expected a landslide loss. Right-wing seriously under-performed.

Exhibit A of the aforementioned gaming of expectations.

I'm not gaming anything, actually. I seriously believed it. Half the reason I decided not to run myself was because I didn't want the time I ran for President to result in a loss. I didn't have high hopes for this. Color me very very pleasantly surprised.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 11:16:20 PM »

I fully expected a landslide loss. Right-wing seriously under-performed.

Exhibit A of the aforementioned gaming of expectations.

I'm not gaming anything, actually. I seriously believed it. Half the reason I decided not to run myself was because I didn't want the time I ran for President to result in a loss. I didn't have high hopes for this. Color me very very pleasantly surprised.

Had the RPP & POP overperformed, you would have said nothing. Feel free to deny it all you want, of course.

PiT, I don't really know what you're trying to imply I'm doing here, but I'm not some secret spin master trying to very cleverly tilt the conversation. I expected we'd lose. I expected us to lose at least one spot in the Senate. When I say I (and Bgwah for that matter) considered AndrewCT/Duke our "worst case scenario" opposition, I am most certainly not lying.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 11:19:00 PM »

Eraserhead actually got some votes that made me raise an eyebrow for sure. Bullmoose, Verily, Fezzy, Gramps.. Who would've thought, eh? Another pleasant surprise of the night.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 11:35:28 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 11:42:13 PM by Vice P. Marokai Blue »

In the interest of honesty, and some may not appreciate me doing this but there's nothing to hide here, since PiT and Libertas seem to think this was all part of our evil plan, have a looksie at some of the PMs in my box:

We should take it very seriously. Now looks like Andrew is on a straight path to win, with a Populares sock machine

Honestly, our chances for winning this election are pretty low. Andrew/Duke will win the Populares, the RPP/DA, and most independents. There's really no way for us to beat that... The opposition will claim they need to be competitive to make the game interesting, but a moderate hero unity ticket is the epitome of boring, and is going to significantly harm Atlasia. Any reasonable person can see this, though if we said it in public we would merely be dismissed as hacks, etc.

If anyone wants to take one for the team and be a sacrificial lamb, that would be cool, since I feel like we should at least run a candidate. But it doesn't sound like PS or MB are interested in running.

Our best hope is to get Barnes elected this week, and then try to get at least one (maybe even both) of the seats that will be opened in November when Andrew & Duke take office.

I more or less agree with bgwah's analysis - AndrewCT is, probably, going to coast to victory, and even a strong JCP candidate would likely lose to him.

So I agree we should, so to speak, sit this one out - although I believe we should run some candidate, just so it doesn't look like we're giving up. As for who should be our sacrificial lamb, I have no idea. Hell, I'd do it myself, but I think everyone would be able to see that it would be a joke candidacy in my case. Tongue

Still, if we do sit one this out I think we'll be in a strong position for the next election - let's concede this one, at least privately, and focus on getting Barnes et al in the Senate. Smiley

You know, there is a (small) chance that we could actually win this thing.  The POP/RPP combined does not outnumber the JCP by a huge amount.  We would need some independent/other votes to prevail.

Yes, we are expecting to lose, but I'm playing to win anyways. Any and all help is appreciated!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »

Just idle political chitchat.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 11:43:27 PM »

Marokai, you should be feeling like Shelley Moore Capito does at this juncture. Tongue

Fritz is someone I consider a friend and I have confidence in him. I have no regrets!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 03:18:03 PM »

As JCP Northeast Chair, I'm glad to see that sanity reigns in the Northeast again, as we have wrestled control away from the Populares political machine that up until just days ago was thought to have a stranglehold on the region. I wish Senator-elect Eraserhead all the best.

Yeah, I was such an awful Senator.

Keep in mind, it's Lief. He just can't stand anyone to the right of Joseph Stalin, let's be honest.

Gotta love the JCP and their benevolent, totally democratic ways! Roll Eyes

Of course, everyone on the right of Tom Tancredo is a communist. Right, Libertas Jr.

If you took my name seriously, you're dumber than I thought.

I really hope you know your place, Kaljew - you're a hypocrite. You accused us of having a "stranglehold" on the Northeast, whenever your beloved, totally democratic party literally controls every aspect of the Midwest and Pacific. Vepres only ever got in because his predecessor was dead inactive, and I only ever got in because you endorsed me, and only in return for my endorsing you. Repeatedly. Apparently, that was a binding, eternal pact that required me to ignore the fact that you frequently act like an obnoxious, childish buffoon, but I digress.

You and every last member of your party - save for Barnes - are hypocrites. Nothing but hypocrites. I hope you enjoy running North Korea.

There's a difference. I criticized the Northeast lately because that region couldn't be trusted to run a bake sale at the moment. It's completely and utterly failed at managing itself, and since the beginning of the year, really good people have just been forced to leave the region in favor of paper candidates for the Assembly and Governors that don't know their asses from their elbows.

The Pacific elects new people as our leaders, and talent from our region isn't forced out. Anyone is free to participate in our legislature (we don't try to hold fake activity with sham elections like the Northeast, we just run things) and in general, our region is actually pretty good at moving at a steady pace.

I criticize the Northeast because that partisan stranglehold turned into a way to keep good people down and your region ended up in a paralyzed state. We, however, do not have these problems.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies