DoFE Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:58:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DoFE Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: DoFE Tracker  (Read 24501 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »

I was pretty sure the JCP was only going to win the PA and MW Senate races. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2010, 11:13:14 PM »

I fully expected a landslide loss. Right-wing seriously under-performed.

Exhibit A of the aforementioned gaming of expectations.

I'm not gaming anything, actually. I seriously believed it. Half the reason I decided not to run myself was because I didn't want the time I ran for President to result in a loss. I didn't have high hopes for this. Color me very very pleasantly surprised.

Had the RPP & POP overperformed, you would have said nothing. Feel free to deny it all you want, of course.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2010, 11:15:56 PM »

I actually won? That's ... uhh... interesting.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2010, 11:16:20 PM »

I'm not gaming anything, actually. I seriously believed it. Half the reason I decided not to run myself was because I didn't want the time I ran for President to result in a loss. I didn't have high hopes for this. Color me very very pleasantly surprised.

Had the RPP & POP overperformed, you would have said nothing. Feel free to deny it all you want, of course.

PiT, I don't really know what you're trying to imply I'm doing here, but I'm not some secret spin master trying to very cleverly tilt the conversation. I expected we'd lose. I expected us to lose at least one spot in the Senate. When I say I (and Bgwah for that matter) considered AndrewCT/Duke our "worst case scenario" opposition, I am most certainly not lying.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2010, 11:17:17 PM »

Don't you love machine politics?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2010, 11:18:17 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^X2
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2010, 11:19:00 PM »

Eraserhead actually got some votes that made me raise an eyebrow for sure. Bullmoose, Verily, Fezzy, Gramps.. Who would've thought, eh? Another pleasant surprise of the night.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »

You da man!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2010, 11:25:36 PM »

PiT, I don't really know what you're trying to imply I'm doing here, but I'm not some secret spin master trying to very cleverly tilt the conversation. I expected we'd lose. I expected us to lose at least one spot in the Senate. When I say I (and Bgwah for that matter) considered AndrewCT/Duke our "worst case scenario" opposition, I am most certainly not lying.

Evidently you aren't a secret spin master, since I managed to clue in to the innuendo of the post. Tongue Or maybe you actually are & have skillfully concealed that you have clued in to the real message of the election.

The JCP losing a Senate seat was obviously not going to happen, unless you are counting the at-large special election as part of this election. I can't really disagree with the notion that AndrewCT/AHDuke was the strongest ticket we could have run.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2010, 11:25:57 PM »

Precisely. It's gotten pretty old by now.

To be honest, I'm not at all surprised by the presidential race results. I never expected the moderate hero unity ticket to win some sort of easy landslide, and called bullsh**t on hearing certain JCP crybabies pretending that this was the case.

On the other hand, the Northeast results have been a rather unpleasant surprise. I myself fell prey to the constant JCP lies accusing my party of having some sort of stranglehold on the Northeast. As usual, what the JCPers accuse others of really applies to themselves. They're still the ones running the zombie machines, even in the Northeast, a region where they've had the audacity to accuse us of running a one-party state.

Oh, and Marokai Blue pretty much lies in every post he makes. Not a very good liar though, considering you can tell even over the internet.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2010, 11:30:09 PM »

Precisely. It's gotten pretty old by now.

To be honest, I'm not at all surprised by the presidential race results. I never expected the moderate hero unity ticket to win some sort of easy landslide, and called bullsh**t on hearing certain JCP crybabies pretending that this was the case.

On the other hand, the Northeast results have been a rather unpleasant surprise. I myself fell prey to the constant JCP lies accusing my party of having some sort of stranglehold on the Northeast. As usual, what the JCPers accuse others of really applies to themselves. They're still the ones running the zombie machines, even in the Northeast, a region where they've had the audacity to accuse us of running a one-party state.

Oh, and Marokai Blue pretty much lies in every post he makes. Not a very good liar though, considering you can tell even over the internet.

It's nice to have you back. Things were so quiet while you were away.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2010, 11:35:28 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 11:42:13 PM by Vice P. Marokai Blue »

In the interest of honesty, and some may not appreciate me doing this but there's nothing to hide here, since PiT and Libertas seem to think this was all part of our evil plan, have a looksie at some of the PMs in my box:

We should take it very seriously. Now looks like Andrew is on a straight path to win, with a Populares sock machine

Honestly, our chances for winning this election are pretty low. Andrew/Duke will win the Populares, the RPP/DA, and most independents. There's really no way for us to beat that... The opposition will claim they need to be competitive to make the game interesting, but a moderate hero unity ticket is the epitome of boring, and is going to significantly harm Atlasia. Any reasonable person can see this, though if we said it in public we would merely be dismissed as hacks, etc.

If anyone wants to take one for the team and be a sacrificial lamb, that would be cool, since I feel like we should at least run a candidate. But it doesn't sound like PS or MB are interested in running.

Our best hope is to get Barnes elected this week, and then try to get at least one (maybe even both) of the seats that will be opened in November when Andrew & Duke take office.

I more or less agree with bgwah's analysis - AndrewCT is, probably, going to coast to victory, and even a strong JCP candidate would likely lose to him.

So I agree we should, so to speak, sit this one out - although I believe we should run some candidate, just so it doesn't look like we're giving up. As for who should be our sacrificial lamb, I have no idea. Hell, I'd do it myself, but I think everyone would be able to see that it would be a joke candidacy in my case. Tongue

Still, if we do sit one this out I think we'll be in a strong position for the next election - let's concede this one, at least privately, and focus on getting Barnes et al in the Senate. Smiley

You know, there is a (small) chance that we could actually win this thing.  The POP/RPP combined does not outnumber the JCP by a huge amount.  We would need some independent/other votes to prevail.

Yes, we are expecting to lose, but I'm playing to win anyways. Any and all help is appreciated!
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2010, 11:36:19 PM »

RESULTS: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=120461.msg2694647#msg2694647
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2010, 11:38:28 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 11:49:43 PM by Pacific Lt. Gov The Doctor »

In the interest of honesty, and some may not appreciate me doing this but there's nothing to hide here, since PiT and Libertas seem to think this was all part of our evil plan, have a looksie at some of the PMs in my box:

We should take it very seriously. Now looks like Andrew is on a straight path to win, with a Populares sock machine

Honestly, our chances for winning this election are pretty low. Andrew/Duke will win the Populares, the RPP/DA, and most independents. There's really no way for us to beat that... The opposition will claim they need to be competitive to make the game interesting, but a moderate hero unity ticket is the epitome of boring, and is going to significantly harm Atlasia. Any reasonable person can see this, though if we said it in public we would merely be dismissed as hacks, etc.

If anyone wants to take one for the team and be a sacrificial lamb, that would be cool, since I feel like we should at least run a candidate. But it doesn't sound like PS or MB are interested in running.

Our best hope is to get Barnes elected this week, and then try to get at least one (maybe even both) of the seats that will be opened in November when Andrew & Duke take office.

I more or less agree with bgwah's analysis - AndrewCT is, probably, going to coast to victory, and even a strong JCP candidate would likely lose to him.

So I agree we should, so to speak, sit this one out - although I believe we should run some candidate, just so it doesn't look like we're giving up. As for who should be our sacrificial lamb, I have no idea. Hell, I'd do it myself, but I think everyone would be able to see that it would be a joke candidacy in my case. Tongue

Still, if we do sit one this out I think we'll be in a strong position for the next election - let's concede this one, at least privately, and focus on getting Barnes et al in the Senate. Smiley

You know, there is a (small) chance that we could actually win this thing.  The POP/RPP combined does not outnumber the JCP by a huge amount.  We would need some independent/other votes to prevail.

Yes, we are expecting to lose, but I'm playing to win anyways. Any and all help is appreciated!

Is that from the monthly JCP officers meeting?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2010, 11:39:05 PM »

Has the DoFE verified the eligibility of each voter?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2010, 11:40:43 PM »

He has. I kept tabs on this as I was creating the tracker. Thats why Zac's presidential vote was discarded.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »

Just idle political chitchat.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2010, 11:42:04 PM »

Andrew2 = Fail2

Damn. Part of the problem was Andrew being so busy in RL for the bulk of the campaign meaning he didn't have time to work the swing votes, so he lost them.

Great idea, but it was probably doomed from the start.

You JCPers really overestimated the unity of what was the DA and the independents and understimated your likelhood of splitting them fairly evenly.

Marokai, you should be feeling like Shelley Moore Capito does at this juncture. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2010, 11:43:27 PM »

Marokai, you should be feeling like Shelley Moore Capito does at this juncture. Tongue

Fritz is someone I consider a friend and I have confidence in him. I have no regrets!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2010, 11:44:12 PM »

The expectation that Andrew would win was dependent on an assumption that was proven incorrect over the course of the election, so I suppose I cannot altogether blame you folks for your evident prognostication failure.

Anyway, the right will most certainly not gain seats in December. This is an example of spinning expectations, but the statement is also 100% true regardless.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2010, 11:44:15 PM »

Fritz is someone I consider a friend and I have confidence in him. I have no regrets!

Sure Wink
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2010, 11:45:34 PM »

Fritz won the campaign. When the election began, I was a little scared of what a Fritz presidency would do. By the end of it, I'd have voted for him if I was casting a ballot.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2010, 11:45:51 PM »

The expectation that Andrew would win was dependent on an assumption that was proven incorrect over the course of the election, so I suppose I cannot altogether blame you folks for your evident prognostication failure.

Anyway, the right will most certainly not gain seats in December. This is an example of spinning expectations, but the statement is also 100% true regardless.

You already have 3/5, so of course you won't.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2010, 11:46:36 PM »

Yea that is just ridiculous. They are At-Large seats.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2010, 11:50:02 PM »

You already have 3/5, so of course you won't.

Of course, but there was no reason for me to bring it up except to downplay expectations of the JCP. Too bad STV makes the midterm elections pretty static without a significant centrist party.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies