Special At-Large Senate Election Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:46:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Special At-Large Senate Election Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Special At-Large Senate Election Debate  (Read 1157 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« on: September 22, 2012, 09:31:11 PM »
« edited: September 25, 2012, 10:25:38 PM by Senator Scott »

Would the candidates for the At-Large Senate seat be interested in having a debate?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 06:11:37 PM »

When are the Whigs having their primary?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 10:25:08 PM »

Begin the debate now. Allow both Whigs to participate until the party has selected a candidate.

Scott, are you moderating?

I guess?  Technically I never volunteered, but I suppose I can moderate if no one else wants to.

Candidates, please deliver opening statements.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 11:07:23 AM »

JCL, Goldwater, you may both participate.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 06:22:35 PM »

Yes.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 08:37:08 PM »

Questions for all candidates:

1. If elected, what specific goals do you seek to accomplish and by what means will you attempt to accomplish them?  Is there any legislation you intend to introduce?  If so, what are their specifics?

2. What is your take on the current nature of the Senate?  What do you feel are the strengths and weaknesses, and how can the Senate be improved?

3. Do you feel that the Senate committees have been a net-gain to the game, or a net-loss?

4. Recently, Senator Marokai Blue introduced legislation that would give the President full authority to direct military operations against the 2012 Presidential Election Board of the forum.  Do you believe military action against this nation is necessary?

5. Do you believe that the current tax code is fair and ideal for our nation's economy?  If not, what changes do you intend to make?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 05:09:22 PM »

Not all candidates have answered yet, but here are the two last questions from shua:

For all candidates:
1. What is your position on the Contempt of Congress Act?
2. Are there any reforms you would like to see to help the national economy?

Closing statements may be delivered upon answering these.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 04:58:46 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 05:16:46 PM by Senator Scott »

I may be against gay marriage but I'm not afraid of the gay community. Homophobia implies fear. As you all know I'm ok with most of the rights they request. Adoption and Marriage being the exceptions.

I'm not familiar with any non-bigoted reasons for opposing gay adoption.

The same reasons that I oppose gay marriage are the same reasons that I oppose gay adoptions. Is your statement implying that religious/moral/natural law reasons are bigoted? If so you couldn't be more wrong. Several months ago I mentioned where a lesbian couple adopted a little boy. This boy was abused via his farce of a "parental couple" forced testrone suppressants into him. Trust me I know how straight parents can be down right abusive at times. I lived it eight of my first eleven years under such. I won't tell all of my mothers abuses and borderline if not criminal behavior myself or my siblings but it has scientifically proven children are best suited in two parent homes led by a father and a mother.

That's true, except for the fact that it's false.  Granted, it's rather difficult to conduct studies on which parents are more suitable to raise children just for the fact that nurturing style varies by individual, but there really isn't any evidence that being raised by homosexuals alters one's nature or personality in a negative way.  States that allow adoptions by same-sex couples (I live in one) are no worse off than those that don't.  As for the boy you mentioned, I'm sorry to hear about that unfortunate scenario, but that doesn't negate same-sex adoption rights any more than child abuse instigated by heterosexual couples negates heterosexual adoption rights.  The solution is to evaluate parents on a case-by-case basis rather than get government involved in families' lives, which runs contrary to your yellow avatar.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies