Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:37:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted]. (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 163709 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 11:11:00 AM »

I believe the Biblical literalist types generally believe the Hebrew/Greek/whatever word for wine in the Bible always means a non-alcoholic fruit beverage, which they claim was super common back then and obviously what Jesus would have been drinking.

But then that's not biblical literalism... Jesus Christ SBC is a hypocritical sham.
I believe the Biblical literalist types generally believe the Hebrew/Greek/whatever word for wine in the Bible always means a non-alcoholic fruit beverage, which they claim was super common back then and obviously what Jesus would have been drinking.

But then that's not biblical literalism... Jesus Christ SBC is a hypocritical sham.

I can assure you, Greeks drank wine. We still do in church and after church.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 03:36:46 PM »

God made your schedule silly. The person who wrote it was just her puppet. Be thankful you don't have to spent Easter behind the meat counter.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 03:15:04 PM »

What all have you had to eat this weekend? What do you eat when you're at work?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 04:38:31 PM »

Mr. Moderate is right. Even with working at a heathy supermarket, he'll find excuses to not eat properly. It'll be amazing to watch.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 01:27:04 PM »

I can't wait to hear what he eats!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »

Yeah, there won't be any dieting changes. He won't even touch the stuff they sell at that grocery store!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 03:30:44 PM »

From the sound of it, he won't last much longer at the job. He's quickly gone from the over the moon infatuation with his new job to calling it "sufficient." We know what comes next...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 03:45:43 PM »

From the sound of it, he won't last much longer at the job. He's quickly gone from the over the moon infatuation with his new job to calling it "sufficient." We know what comes next...

Nah, I disagree.  He hasn't hinted at any problems with management, yet.  That's always the telltale sign for Bushie at a job.  If he starts talking about how he and the boss are laughing about how slow he puts the price sticker on the package?  Then I'll worry. 

Good point. That happens too. I do remember some previous jobs he's had though, where he was all gung ho about it and then started saying "it's a good job, it pays the bills." I believe the last AT&T call center job went this way. Next thing you knew it, he had quit.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 04:14:09 PM »

Yea, Bushie's enthusiasm is trending down

How would it not?  He can be as sunshine and lollipops as he wants... he still works at a supermarket behind the meat counter.  This is so, so far from his Leave It To Beaver fantasy that he's built up over the years that there's just no way his enthusiasm is as high as he wants us to believe.  I'm quite glad he is calling it "sufficient", because that's all it is.  His nonsense about it being an amazing career move and climbing up the corporate ladder was a nauseating put-on IMO.  His realistic approach is just so much more palatable. 

The second he stops with the Work Night 8 and Job Week 3 crap I'll know he's going to actually keep the job, because no one does this stuff.  You go to work and it's part of your routine and that's it.  I can't imagine even Bushie writing "Onto Work Night 137!". 

But he always does this kind of stuff. His dwindling enthusiasm is a cause for concern if you remember his past jobs. The CADD job was different because he seemed to like it aside from watching the clock all day, making errors and leaving work exactly at 5pm every day.

The jobs he ends up quitting are the ones he starts viewing as a paycheck.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 04:20:51 PM »

Does being a preacher or pastor pay anything?  There are so many infomercials starring Sunshine Christians talking about bettering yourself.  Maybe Bushie can fill the hellfire and brimstone void? 

That has already been visited, and Bushie doesn't seem interested in that for whatever reason. He was an associate pastor at his old church in Chactaw, OK years ago, but that didn't pay him anything.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 02:40:15 PM »

It doesn't seem like a place they'd ever step foot in, so I am not surprised they wouldn't drive the distance to see what the store is all about.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 08:47:45 AM »

Yep, I'm starting to worry now. If they were as busy as he said they were, they wouldn't be letting employees go early unless there was a problem.

That said, I don't think they'll fire him outright. I could see Bushie being reassigned to another place, like bag boy or something, until he is finally let go.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2015, 09:58:58 AM »

Yep, I'm starting to worry now. If they were as busy as he said they were, they wouldn't be letting employees go early unless there was a problem.

That said, I don't think they'll fire him outright. I could see Bushie being reassigned to another place, like bag boy or something, until he is finally let go.

Yea, this is troubling.  Right before the big Grand Opening and we are getting hours off?  Not good. 

he just isn't in physical shape to be on his feet 8 hours a day. I'm sure he's dragging around the department, it's impossible for him not to.

He really needs a job like a parking lot attendant where he sits behind a register all day and let's people out of the desk. He won't last much longer in the meat department.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2015, 11:39:05 AM »

Yea, this is troubling.  Right before the big Grand Opening and we are getting hours off?  Not good. 

he just isn't in physical shape to be on his feet 8 hours a day. I'm sure he's dragging around the department, it's impossible for him not to.

He really needs a job like a parking lot attendant where he sits behind a register all day and let's people out of the desk. He won't last much longer in the meat department.

I worked as a valet in Philly on some weekend in college and one of the guys literally sat next to the "Self Parking" sign and collected cash all night.  Probably made more in those two weekend nights than Bushie would make all week at [redacted].  Bushie doesn't go out on Friday and Saturday anyway.  It would be his dream job. 

I think so too, but that job is beneath him.

I hope Nix is right, I know he is about the poor scheduling to have him work that close to each other. I remember when I worked as a cart attendant at a golf course, my supervisor sometimes scheduled me from 6am - pm and then 6am - 9pm again the next  day, and it was awful.

I hope the manager just let Bushie go because of that and not because he was dragging around or having trouble doing the work. And this isn't about him not trying. I know he is. It's a matter of whether his body can handle it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2015, 01:28:23 PM »

Uh oh, things seem pretty dire already. RIP meat JOB.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »

What he needs is a job to last more than a week before he puts out a feeler. I can't imagine how awful his resume looks.

I'll give him a week before he leaves this job for a call center.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 01:50:09 PM »

Lol Bushie playing an "April Fools Joke" on his parents to gauge reaction of him getting fired.

We've seen this job Ponzi scheme from you before, Bushie. Knowing on your way out, you start advertising a playful look at a new job just to see, but in reality you are hoping beyond hope they hire you so you can quit before you get fired. Likely not going to happen. Enjoy being unemployed again because you were again too fat and lazy to lose weight and learn about your job before you started.

You are completely misunderstanding me.  Things are going great at this job, I just wanted to see what else was out there.  There's no harm in that.

No one sends out resumes after their first day on the job if it's going great. Today was the grand opening and you're already looking for another job. You have to stay at one place for more than a week at a time!

Where did you apply? More call centers? Sales jobs?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 02:05:59 PM »

Lol Bushie playing an "April Fools Joke" on his parents to gauge reaction of him getting fired.

We've seen this job Ponzi scheme from you before, Bushie. Knowing on your way out, you start advertising a playful look at a new job just to see, but in reality you are hoping beyond hope they hire you so you can quit before you get fired. Likely not going to happen. Enjoy being unemployed again because you were again too fat and lazy to lose weight and learn about your job before you started.

You are completely misunderstanding me.  Things are going great at this job, I just wanted to see what else was out there.  There's no harm in that.

No one sends out resumes after their first day on the job if it's going great. Today was the grand opening and you're already looking for another job. You have to stay at one place for more than a week at a time!

Where did you apply? More call centers? Sales jobs?

I've been there for 2 1/2 weeks, not one day.  Again, there is no harm, no foul.

Where did you apply?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »

On the grand opening of the store you work at? After you said you wanted to make this a career? Yes.

If you were employed here a year, maybes.

lol, there's no certain period of time that one has to meet before he can start looking for another job.  What you're doing is applying a double standard.

you're right, but typically someone who's happy with their job doesn't look for new jobs one  day into it or even 2 weeks into it. What you need is some stability on your resume. Work somewhere more than a month or two without getting fired or quitting. It looks awful and is really unprofessional to work somewhere a week and then leave.

Since you haven't answered my question, I am going to assume you're applying for call center/customer service jobs again.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 03:01:43 PM »

Can you at least tell us what field of work this new job is for?

Clearly sales or a call center. Otherwise he'd tell us. We've been Updaters for long enough to know when Bushie's aware he's doing something stupid.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2015, 03:33:19 PM »

It's falling apart already. RIP.

So how long do we give him at the grocers? A couple of weeks?

A couple of weeks is being generous. I'd say less than 2, if that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2015, 08:06:02 AM »

It could be an April fools but knowing Bushie you never know.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2015, 01:40:41 PM »

one thing we do know:  bushie has already whined about his hours to his manager.

he probably has also mentioned his 'tired feet' to the manager as well.

I don't know if his comment about his hours was that harmful. It just depends on how he said it. If it was just asking about the poor shift management, it's okay.

I'm sure he's having trouble moving around. There's no way he isn't. The man is morbidly obese and refused to even attempt to get into shape before he started.

If this wasn't an April fools and he really does have an interview, then it's pretty much guaranteed that he thinks he's already on thin ice at [redacted].
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2015, 02:17:05 PM »

one thing we do know:  bushie has already whined about his hours to his manager.

I don't know if his comment about his hours was that harmful. It just depends on how he said it. If it was just asking about the poor shift management, it's okay.

I'm sure he's having trouble moving around. There's no way he isn't. The man is morbidly obese and refused to even attempt to get into shape before he started.

If this wasn't an April fools and he really does have an interview, then it's pretty much guaranteed that he thinks he's already on thin ice at [redacted].

How does one manage to get on thin ice in a week at a grocery store WHEN HE'S SHOWING UP?  Supermarkets hire 16-year old incompetent, lazy stoners who manage to stick around for awhile.  Possibilities...

1. Bushie literally is not physically able to do this job.

2. He actually hates it but doesn't want to be anything other than sunshine and lollipops while he's on here, but is willing enough to admit he is applying elsewhere.

3. He's not being truthful when it comes to complaining about his hours and such.

4. He's not putting the price sticker on the package.

I don't know how he could be on thin ice. It's just a theory. He always starts job searching when he feels like his time is running out at X employer. If things are as rosy as he acts like they are here, then he wouldn't be doing that.

Of course, this may be an April Fools joke. Or he really is interviewing at a call center/sales job because, well, he thinks that's what he's supposed to do.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 03:59:30 PM »

How does one manage to get on thin ice in a week at a grocery store WHEN HE'S SHOWING UP?  Supermarkets hire 16-year old incompetent, lazy stoners who manage to stick around for awhile.  Possibilities...

1. Bushie literally is not physically able to do this job.

2. He actually hates it but doesn't want to be anything other than sunshine and lollipops while he's on here, but is willing enough to admit he is applying elsewhere.

3. He's not being truthful when it comes to complaining about his hours and such.

4. He's not putting the price sticker on the package.

I don't know how he could be on thin ice. It's just a theory. He always starts job searching when he feels like his time is running out at X employer. If things are as rosy as he acts like they are here, then he wouldn't be doing that.

Of course, this may be an April Fools joke. Or he really is interviewing at a call center/sales job because, well, he thinks that's what he's supposed to do.

Maybe those Pie In The Sky dreams of the suit and tie and white picket fence are starting to creep back into that clock-watchin' noggin of his.  There is no suit and tie in the [redacted] uniform, nor does it pay anywhere near enough for his life to resemble a 1950s sitcom. 

And he's probably been told he'll make tons at whatever sales job he's going to interview for! We've seen this plot arc so many  times before.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies