Hillary's Campaign May Not Last to the Convention, Clinton Aide Says
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:42:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Hillary's Campaign May Not Last to the Convention, Clinton Aide Says
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary's Campaign May Not Last to the Convention, Clinton Aide Says  (Read 506 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 08, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »

Nothing most of us here did not already know, but it is worth having confirmation from one of her most prominent supporters:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clinton Aide Says Race May Not Go to Convention

By JOHN SULLIVAN
Published: May 9, 2008

As Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton rejected calls for her to drop out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, her campaign signaled Thursday that Mrs. Clinton might not take the battle all the way to the convention at the end of August.

“I don’t see it going to the convention,” Terry McAuliffe, her campaign manager, said in a televised interview.

In recent days, a number of party leaders have called on Mrs. Clinton to cede the nomination to her opponent, Senator Barack Obama, but the Clinton campaign has insisted that she would fight through the end of the primary season. Appearing on NBC’s “Today” show, Mr. McAuliffe echoed Mrs. Clinton’s determination to fight on, but said the party’s superdelegates would resolve the contest soon after the final election is tallied.

“I think the superdelegates are going to move very quickly,” he said. “After June 3, this is going to come to a conclusion.”
zombones

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »

Confirmation of what a good amount of people paying attention to this thought, I suppose.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies