Who's more "out of touch"? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:24:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who's more "out of touch"? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Barack Obama

Mitt Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 105

Author Topic: Who's more "out of touch"?  (Read 10860 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« on: April 04, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »

Obama.  By all accounts, it should be Romney.  But it isn't.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »

Obama understands that the key to a strong economy is a prosperous middle class (though Republicans are always going to obstruct on that objective); Romney, on the other hand, is totally and utterly in thrall to the failed supply-side fantasies of the past 30 years that will only further 'burden' the US with debt, more debt and even more debt, just as it did during the 'Eighties' and 'Noughties'

Obama has failed the middle class.  He doesn't understand that the engine for prosperity is business.  He sees only government as the provider of prosperity. 

I agree with this - I think Obama's backstory is considerably less mainstream than even Romney's high-flying wealth.  The community organizer / law professor thing isn't nearly as meat and potatoes as being Joe Lunchbox's boss.

I think of my father (high school educated machinist) and I can much more easily seem him having an adult beverage with Romney than with Obama.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »

Obama understands that the key to a strong economy is a prosperous middle class (though Republicans are always going to obstruct on that objective); Romney, on the other hand, is totally and utterly in thrall to the failed supply-side fantasies of the past 30 years that will only further 'burden' the US with debt, more debt and even more debt, just as it did during the 'Eighties' and 'Noughties'

Obama has failed the middle class.  He doesn't understand that the engine for prosperity is business.  He sees only government as the provider of prosperity. 

All the 'Crash of 2008' tells me is that there is a need for more proactive government to 1) regulate the excesses of the market and 2) create a more fair society and if President Obama has a vision for government its that of it facilitating 'gradle-to-grave' opportunity Smiley

You'd be hard pushed selling me supply-side given that 1) the US economy, during the presidency of George W Bush, yielded the fewest number of jobs this side of Herbert Hoover and 2) US median incomes declined. Hardly surprising the US economy hit the crappers to the extent that it did given the extent to which a nation's wealth became increasingly concentrated in the 1%

Obama is just as much of a supply-sider as the worst Republicans.  He just believes in permanent government charity for the "lessers".

I generally vote Republican but I'm quite sick of their apologism for tax cutting for the rich.  I much prefer the people who are focused on reducing spending and structural cost.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »

That much is pretty obvious - so yes, you can, Captain Obvious.  :-)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:23:19 AM »

This thread is deeply embarrassing on so many levels.

Embarassing+1
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 04:30:44 PM »

You are to the point of complaining about home ownership.  I'm not sure if even the former Viscount Stansgate would agree with that!

I complain about home ownership, too.  As a libertarian, I feel the government has done far too much to ensure that people who do not have assets and have limited income are indebted on a major purchase like a house.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies