Romney blocking Ron Johnson’s clown show (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:46:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Romney blocking Ron Johnson’s clown show (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney blocking Ron Johnson’s clown show  (Read 1747 times)
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 14, 2020, 01:39:01 PM »

I'm still not a major fan of Mitt Romney, but it's really strange how times have changed. I disliked him very much in 2012.

Maybe your dislike for him in 2012 was ridiculous.

Nah, our standards were just a lot higher. Remember when he sought and received the endorsement of the Birther 'N Chief? Real subtle message there, Mitt. And look where playing footsie with racists led the establishment wing of the GOP. The best you can say about Mitt Romney is that unlike virtually all of his colleagues, he draws the line at authoritarianism and treason.  

Yeah, same here. Standards were much higher back then. 2012 was the first campaign I closely followed, and I disliked all Republican candidates and just wanted Obama to win again. I still disagree with Mitt on a lot of things, but he's the best senate Republican at this point and also a good person. Back in 2012, I remember that he was booed at the Democratic convention when his name came up. Joe Biden then said that he wasn't a bad guy, just wrong on the issues.

Yeah, Biden’s comments on Romney reflect McCain’s comments about Obama, “He’s a decent family man, a citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues, and that’s what this campaign is all about.”

Back when there was still some congeniality between the two parties.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies