Opinion of Winnie the Pooh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:35:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Winnie the Pooh
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of Winnie the Pooh?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Opinion of Winnie the Pooh  (Read 2555 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 24, 2013, 12:34:51 AM »

Who else watched him and what do you think of him? What would his political views be?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 12:50:23 AM »

One of our finest.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 02:17:44 AM »

Probably my favorite character growing up, books to read, and movies to watch.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 05:21:07 AM »

the dude just wants some hunny
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »

Obvious FF. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 05:35:24 PM »

Not as good at his non-union Russian equivalent, Vinni Pukh.

Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »

Great stuff, loved that late 80's TV show of his when I was real little. That movie from 1977 was good too.

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 11:01:05 PM »

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 12:03:05 AM »

Winnie the Pooh is a Democrat, well meaning, but his love of hunny (i.e. tax dollars) leads him into trouble.

Piglet is the average voter. Interested in politics, but not set on any one particular idea or platform.

Kanga is the the average non-voter with no interest in politics.

Tigger is your Occupy Wall Street type.  Well meaning, but with no plans or reasoning ability and causing at least as much trouble as he solves.

Rabbit is a moderate Republican.  Always worried that others, especially Tigger and Gopher, will ruin his garden, but not a unkindly soul.

Owl is your typical Libertarian.  Full of grand ideas, but no common sense.

Eeyore is a Paulite.  He's certain everything is going to pieces.

Gopher is your typical Tea Party Republican.  He generally messes things up and has a unhealthy obsession with blowing things up.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 12:46:35 AM »

Gopher is your typical Tea Party Republican.  He generally messes things up and has a unhealthy obsession with blowing things up.

And he's a comparatively recent interloper into the cast who's generally not well-liked.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 03:24:53 AM »

I stuttered as a kid (I still do), so I always identified with Piglet.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 01:19:57 PM »

And he's a comparatively recent interloper into the cast who's generally not well-liked.

After all, he's not in the book.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 07:04:02 PM »

Winnie the Pooh is a honey-addict. We never saw the drug deals going down in the Hundred Acre Wood, but Tigger, or TI-Double G- Er was the top dealer and Pooh bear was his main customer.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2013, 08:15:55 PM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

I was obsessed with Winnie the Pooh when I was little, and The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is still one of my favorite shows, so I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

I don't think he would really have any political views, but of course, Eeyore would be a Democrat and the Heffalumps would be Republicans (think about it.)

Piglet is the average voter. Interested in politics, but not set on any one particular idea or platform.

Tigger is your Occupy Wall Street type.  Well meaning, but with no plans or reasoning ability and causing at least as much trouble as he solves.

Rabbit is a moderate Republican.  Always worried that others, especially Tigger and Gopher, will ruin his garden, but not a unkindly soul.

Owl is your typical Libertarian.  Full of grand ideas, but no common sense.

This, but the Tea Partiers sound like Owl too.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »

What I wonder now though is if Winnie the Pooh is appropriate for children. Someone above called him a hunny addict and that's accurate. Could the hunny be symbolic for something like hash or heroin? What will the effects be on our children? I don't want a silly bear wearing with a red shirt whose addicted to drugs to be entertaining my children. Is the hunny a substitute for some type of drug or bad behavior? Perhaps we'll see an episode where Winnie the Pooh goes to rehab after her gets Obamacare.
Of course not.  Back when A.A. Milne wrote the books, hardly anyone used narcotics, at least publically.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 07:34:03 PM »

What I wonder now though is if Winnie the Pooh is appropriate for children. Someone above called him a hunny addict and that's accurate. Could the hunny be symbolic for something like hash or heroin? What will the effects be on our children? I don't want a silly bear wearing with a red shirt whose addicted to drugs to be entertaining my children. Is the hunny a substitute for some type of drug or bad behavior? Perhaps we'll see an episode where Winnie the Pooh goes to rehab after her gets Obamacare.
Of course not.  Back when A.A. Milne wrote the books, hardly anyone used narcotics, at least publically.

Ever heard of Coca-Cola or the opium wars?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 08:36:06 AM »

Ever heard of Coca-Cola or the opium wars?
Yes, but Winnie the Pooh was written in the 1920s, long after the cocaine was removed from Coca-Cola. 

There's been drug addicts since the beginning of time though.
True, but no children's writer with a sense of decency at that time would have incorporated such a theme into their stories.  Whoever made that comment was just trying to be funny.  Pooh is a bear, and bears like honey, so it only makes sense that Pooh likes honey.  And in the original stories, he only wore a red shirt during the winter.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 08:46:58 AM »

There's been drug addicts since the beginning of time though.
True, but no children's writer with a sense of decency at that time would have incorporated such a theme into their stories.  Whoever made that comment was just trying to be funny.  Pooh is a bear, and bears like honey, so it only makes sense that Pooh likes honey.  And in the original stories, he only wore a red shirt during the winter.
Thus symbolizing that the proletariat will turn to the communist ideal when times are cold and dark yet return to bourgeois aspirations when times are warm and sunny. Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 06:57:15 PM »

I am Tigger personified.

With a law degree.

Tremble ye mortals, and despair.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: