Opinion of Bill Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:53:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Bill Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: FF or HP?
FF
HP
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of Bill Clinton  (Read 3963 times)
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 09:36:43 AM »

HP. Terrible, awful, overrated President that only gets points here and elsewhere because he wasn't Newt Gingrich.
Clinton2016
Rookie
Albania

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 10:36:20 AM »

Super Huge FF

He Helped Albanians during the War in Kosova in 1998-1999 Against the Serbian Savages
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 10:50:30 AM »

Super Huge FF

He Helped Albanians during the War in Kosova in 1998-1999 Against the Serbian Savages

The KLA was fairly "savage" itself (not to mention the completely unnecessary NATO bombings of Belgrade and Novi Sad which were probably in violation of international law).
Clinton2016
Rookie
Albania

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 05:15:06 PM »

[/quote]

The KLA was fairly "savage" itself (not to mention the completely unnecessary NATO bombings of Belgrade and Novi Sad which were probably in violation of international law).
[/quote]

we Albanians are not Savage he are heros but the Serbs are Savages and Communists they Started World War 1 Killing Franz Ferdidnand and then in 1998 they Started the War in Kosova and making Genocide to our People and Bill Clinton is the Big Hero Like George Bush and Ronald Reagan and he Helped us
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 11:12:43 PM »

FF
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 02:06:11 AM »

FF, though he wasn't a really good president.  He handled Waco and Oklahoma City well, but had way too many scandals for his own good.  He refused to acknowledge Osama Bin Laden.  He refused to take out Saddam Hussein when he had the chance and left it for Bush to do and thus passed the blame onto Bush.  His deregulation of the banks in the late 1990's started the faucet dripping for the 2008-2010 recession that we're still trying to dig our way out of.  I won't even mention Monica Lewinsky.  He is a very likable guy, though.  I would really like to eat dinner with him one of these days, as long as he can leave Hillary at home.  With all that said, he's probably the best Democratic president in the last 40 years, including Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama.  He is also the best president we've had in the nearly 25 years since Reagan has been out of office.  Reagan is the best president in American History, but Clinton is the best in the past quarter century.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2013, 11:25:03 AM »

Am I alone in finding Clinton's personality repellent?

Yeah, I think so.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 11:29:19 AM »

Repellent? Nah. He's quite slimy, but there is far worse among politicians. I'd be fine with his sliminess if he had fought for progress a little more.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2013, 12:31:23 PM »

Tough. Foreign policy leaves some things to be desired; seemed to just go along with congress vis-a-vis economic policy (leftist for the first two years, fairly rightist after that). His first policy, first and foremost, was always to maintain his own political power. The Lewinsky scandal seems likely to become the most remembered thing associated with Clinton, even though it was really just a meaningless political confrontation. Even with all of that said, Clinton left the nation much better off than he'd found it, although the world as a whole had become rather more dangerous in 2000 than it was in 1992. Ultimately voted FF out of a general sense of '90s nostalgia.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »

Am I alone in finding Clinton's personality repellent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3ied_AD4iE
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2013, 08:06:27 AM »
« Edited: May 13, 2013, 08:08:15 AM by Senator Kalwejt »

We need to consider historical context.

Bill Clinton was a man of the 90s. A decade during which deregulation, neoliberalism, "TINA", "end of the history" and stuff like that were dominating.

He was the best the U.S. could get in that environment, as opposed to the "New Right".

Therefore I voted FF. Hopefully, we won't have to face another choice between a mild "Third Way" and crazy neoliberals.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2013, 09:05:22 AM »

The interviewer's stare cracked me up.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies