Even if you feel like you might get raped, you may not, so no guns for you
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:02:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Even if you feel like you might get raped, you may not, so no guns for you
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Even if you feel like you might get raped, you may not, so no guns for you  (Read 3609 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 11:06:29 AM »

What about stand your ground style shootings in which the shooter commits murder but is rarely charged? Your stats are skewed.
cite showing this happens often enough to skew the statistics please
After all, deadly weapons are the only deterrent to uneasiness. Sometimes when it's dark in the middle of the night I'm afraid I'll miss a step on my way to the bathroom...I better be allowed to keep my gun around to shoot it if it seems suspicious. After all, it's in the interest of public safety to shoot first and ask questions later...that is if you're a white man or a woman. Otherwise you deserve to go to prison, obviously.
straw0man smells something

I couldn't resist. Smiley joke thread gets joke post...
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 06:41:53 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2013, 08:19:09 AM by pbrower2a »

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/02/18/co-democrat-hey-even-if-you-feel-like-youre-gonna-get-raped-you-might-not-so-no-guns-for-you/

“It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop … pop around at somebody.”

When I was at Berkeley during the 1970s, college students were encouraged to carry their keys jutting out from between their fingers a night -- and never go out alone. The keys between one's fingers turns a human hand into at the least a dog paw, if not a tiger paw. Dog scratches, I can attest, are to be avoided.  Such is what a group like Women Against Rape encouraged women to do -- and encouraged their boyfriends to do so when out with them. (Oh, yes -- never go out alone at night and don't get drunk).  

Rapists are cowards; they don't want to get hurt. The keys are obvious. College textbooks and laptop computers make good defensive weapons.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies