Leg Lengthening Surgery
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:37:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Leg Lengthening Surgery
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leg Lengthening Surgery  (Read 1778 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:28:07 PM »

http://digitaljournal.com/article/320199

Would you ever consider this?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:34:51 PM »

Makes me think of Gattaca.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 06:21:02 PM »

My legs are already more than long enough. Tongue
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 06:24:51 PM »

I am 5'4 or 5'5. This puts me in the bottom 5%-10%. I hate walking around next to people who are over 6' tall, seeming like a little child in a land of giants. What woman would want me? I can't protect her. I'm shorter than most women in heels, they want a man, not a child. The guy who used to sit across from me at work finally went to Vietnam and got himself a tiny bride when he was in his mid-30s. I will probably have to do something similar. I wish someone had told me when I was younger that height has such a big impact on life. I would definitely have used more HGH.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 06:26:29 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2013, 12:37:41 AM by Former President Polnut »

I've seen that surgery... NOT A CHANCE IN HELL
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 06:27:30 PM »

No, but then I'm slightly over 6' tall.  I don't think I would at that guy's 5'6" either, but if I were 5' or shorter, I would definitely consider it.  And of course I'd hope that if I was short because of HGH deficiency, that it had been caught and treated at the time.  However, not all short people are short for that reason and adding extra HGH if you aren't deficient won't add inches to your height.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 06:30:13 PM »

Bad timing?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 09:31:57 PM »

I wouldn't. I typically try to avoid that level of pain unless absolutely necessary.  I'm also not keen on fixing things about my body that ain't broke.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 11:29:39 PM »

I wish they had leg shortening surgery, but that's a lot more complicated.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 01:08:17 AM »

I wish they had leg shortening surgery, but that's a lot more complicated.

Really? How tall are you? I would think that leg shortening would be more in demand among very tall women.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 02:50:04 AM »

Yeah, this would interest me if it would shorten legs - I'm 6'5'', wouldn't mind being about three inches shorter.

My Dad has a backstretcher - you strap yourself into it then flip over backwards. He claims that over time it can add up to two inches.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 03:21:40 AM »

Not a chance in hell. I'm only 5"6 or so to begin with.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 03:54:52 AM »

What woman would want me? I can't protect her. I'm shorter than most women in heels, they want a man, not a child. The guy who used to sit across from me at work finally went to Vietnam and got himself a tiny bride when he was in his mid-30s. I will probably have to do something similar.

Didn't you claim to be an asexual just a few weeks ago?:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=114655.msg3598445#msg3598445
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 06:47:34 AM »

Haha, I should've thought another sort of lengthening would be more in demand...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 10:17:03 AM »

Haha, I should've thought another sort of lengthening would be more in demand...
If such a thing existed.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »

What woman would want me? I can't protect her. I'm shorter than most women in heels, they want a man, not a child. The guy who used to sit across from me at work finally went to Vietnam and got himself a tiny bride when he was in his mid-30s. I will probably have to do something similar.

Yeah, one of the misperceptions about asexuality is that lack of sexual desire = desire to be single for life.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 10:42:35 AM »

Smiley
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 11:46:52 AM »

Doesn't bare thinking about, no.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 01:27:56 PM »

Yeah, one of the misperceptions about asexuality is that lack of sexual desire = desire to be single for life.
If you're 100% not interested in sex, that's a much bigger impediement than being short. Maybe there's some sort of asexual club where you could meet a woman for companionship, but if she's asexual as well, why would she care how tall you are?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2013, 02:24:20 PM by Beet »

If you're 100% not interested in sex, that's a much bigger impediement than being short. Maybe there's some sort of asexual club where you could meet a woman for companionship, but if she's asexual as well, why would she care how tall you are?

I don't know what asexual women care about, since I have not seen any surveys of asexual women on this question. However, I doubt that asexual women are entirely free from the normative standards of gender construction that dominate our society. As an asexual man, I know I am not.

Asexuality is a spectrum, and a lot of us are the same as anyone else in every way except for the desire to penetrate/getting aroused from the act of sex. (I suppose I might desire it in order to please someone else, or out of curiosity, but I am quite certain it would give me no sexual pleasure.) Other than that, I am no different than anyone else. I still experience sexual attraction- I can identify good-looking people, and gravitate towards them, I desire intimacy and relationships, I desire to be perceived as masculine and able to play the role of a man, etc.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 02:31:36 PM »

For memphis and all others, is sex the only reason that you desire a relationship with someone? If not, then it should be easy to understand how asexual people can still want to be in romantic relationships. If yes, then hopefully you recognize that for many/most people that's not the case.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 09:48:55 PM »

For memphis and all others, is sex the only reason that you desire a relationship with someone? If not, then it should be easy to understand how asexual people can still want to be in romantic relationships. If yes, then hopefully you recognize that for many/most people that's not the case.
Sex is the only reason I'd prefer a 10 to a 3. If not for sex, I'd take the 3 in a heartbeat. They're inevitably much better people at heart.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies