Want to see something hilarious? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:52:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Want to see something hilarious? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Want to see something hilarious?  (Read 3184 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: November 28, 2008, 04:28:23 PM »

People are very conveniently forgetting that many of these comments are from before the 2006 GOP melt-down. I would still say that all things considered Obama wasn't that strong a candidate. In a "normal" election-year that wasn't tilted so heavily towards the Democrats he probably wouldn't have had much of a chance at getting elected.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 05:59:29 PM »

People are very conveniently forgetting that many of these comments are from before the 2006 GOP melt-down. I would still say that all things considered Obama wasn't that strong a candidate. In a "normal" election-year that wasn't tilted so heavily towards the Democrats he probably wouldn't have had much of a chance at getting elected.

The first one is from 2007.

Yes. And only 2 posters in that thread say Watts: DWTL (no further comment required) and MaC, who is not a blue avatar, does not even post anymore and wasn't know for accurate predictions as far as I can remember. Also note that the latter only says Watts would win, not anything negative about Obama, etc.

So if you want to use that particular thread to laugh at DWTL, go ahead, but come on, isn't his prediction enough?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies