Florida Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:26:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Florida Megathread  (Read 74558 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 14, 2013, 09:33:26 PM »

Hasner has put his house on the market at $50K below purchase price.
I saw this a few weeks ago, but was unsure where to post it and forgot about it. I am stoked for his potential campaign, and am eagerly awaiting his announcement.

For what it's worth, I'd take having Justice and Graham in Congress if it means losing Murphy and Garcia.

Garcia sure, but I like Murphy for dedicating a lot of time and money to knocking off West when he could've just ran in FL-22 and for being a potential statewide candidate.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:56:16 PM »

I don't know if this poll is skewed or not, but Murphy is a strong candidate. It would surprise me if he doesn't become a senator or a governor one day.
No, this was basically an internal poll. This is as worthless as a quadriplegic soccer player.

It's got enough worth for Sabato to change the race from Toss-Up to Lean D.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:28:11 PM »

I don't know if this poll is skewed or not, but Murphy is a strong candidate. It would surprise me if he doesn't become a senator or a governor one day.
No, this was basically an internal poll. This is as worthless as a quadriplegic soccer player.

I think he does have high approvals, but he is not leading Adam Hasner or Carl Domino by 30%; that’s just hooey.

It's worth mentioning that most sources say Hasner is leaning against running.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 04:02:43 PM »

In the St. Petersburg mayoral race, Kriseman leads Foster 40/34.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 09:52:56 PM »

Crist is in, he will announce on the 4th of November in St. Petersburg
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 10:18:42 PM »

What a disgusting opportunist.

I hope Sink gets in - I would support her over Crist and Scott.

Sink announced she wouldn't be running about a month ago. Only thing she's got her eye on is FL-13.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 04:07:18 PM »

I feel bad for Jessica Ehrlich, but the FL Dems owe Sink this for not getting into a primary against Crist. Plus I am worried about Bev Young's threat that she'd only run if Ehrlich was the Dem frontrunner.

Hopefully Ehrlich can find a State House or Senate seat to run in.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 10:02:13 PM »

Crist's logo has leaked. Expect to see this in a few signatures.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 01:09:35 AM »

I think he does have high approvals, but he is not leading Adam Hasner or Carl Domino by 30%; that’s just hooey.

It's worth mentioning that most sources say Hasner is leaning against running.
Didn't see this until now, but what sources say that? He is selling his home to move to a new district, keep in mind. That is a big sign for something.
So, the NRCC say that none of Murphy's declared challengers are on the radar.

IIRC, the NRCC did some fundraising for Andel. Which they wouldn't bother doing if they thought Hasner was incoming.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 03:34:33 PM »

Being a charismatic idiot got Reagan two landslide victories.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 04:12:18 PM »

Being a charismatic idiot got Reagan two landslide victories.
But fortunately, Scott doesn't strike me as being charismatic! He's just an another tea partier who has destroyed Florida and tries to be seen as a moderate with his "teacher pay raise", even if he signed major budget cuts in education fews years ago...

I'm talking about Crist. Scott is an UNcharismatic idiot.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 01:35:19 AM »
« Edited: March 10, 2014, 01:33:52 PM by angryGreatness »

State Republicans aren't terribly optimistic about Scott's chances, and are worried about downballot effects.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »

The incumbents are way way out-raising and are out-polling their Democratic challengers. I'm pretty sure Putnam is safe as Ag Commish as he's allowed to have it, CFO Atwater has over a million in his war chest while his opponent is at something like $10,000 raised in total, he's safe too. The AG race is the only potentially interesting one, having two halfway-serious challengers, one being the House minority leader and the other being a former Secretary of the Department of Children and Families. Neither of them have really raised much money or done anything too spectacular though, and with the state's lean helping her I'd say the race is something like likely R.

I agree, though I think Bondi is more vunerable than you think, if the D's step up their fundraising a bit.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »

John Land, who has served as Mayor of Apopka, FL since 1950, was defeated for re-election today.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 10:34:38 PM »

Some very tentative rumblings are suggesting that Jolly may run for Senate, with the Republican candidate replacing him being former St. Pete Mayor Rick Baker - someone with a proven ability to win black voters (albeit in a municipal race), and someone who'd be the frontrunner against anyone save Crist.

Baker said no to running here before St. Pete was added, I don't know why he'd say yes now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies