Section 8 Housing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:17:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Section 8 Housing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your general view of Section 8 Housing?
Positive (D)

Negative (D)

Positive (R)

Negative (R)

Positive (I/L/O)

Negative (I/L/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Section 8 Housing  (Read 10109 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: February 03, 2006, 01:54:46 PM »

No, what I meant is, put a public housing bloc in an area with some relatively posher housing, and a couple of people leave. Do that in America, and almost everybody leaves.[/slight exaggeration]

Like in Paris?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 06:56:55 PM »

Nice program, but don't want the federal government in it. Beats the hell out of rent controls, which as some have already pointed out, suck.

Agreed. But I certainly wouldn't want to be a manager or owner of any type of apartments with the very poor as tenants. Most very poor are rather ignorant and lazy and will destroy a nice home or apartment in a few years. They really should get such damage taken out in their welfare or foodstamp checks.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 07:14:46 PM »

Nice program, but don't want the federal government in it. Beats the hell out of rent controls, which as some have already pointed out, suck.

Agreed. But I certainly wouldn't want to be a manager or owner of any type of apartments with the very poor as tenants. Most very poor are rather ignorant and lazy and will destroy a nice home or apartment in a few years. They really should get such damage taken out in their welfare or foodstamp checks.

They do, StatesRights.  If they damage anything to any great or consistent extent, they are kicked out of the Section 8 program and must go homeless.  As you can imagine given this harsh punishment, they generally keep the properties in top shape.  My father and I looked at many such properties in the 1990's, and on the whole - while of course slums, as are any housing for the lower class - the interiors were will kept by the unfortunates within.  I won't get in to your bigoted comments about ignorance and laziness as they are no doubt motivated by your well known hatred of a black.

Which particular black do I hate? Huh
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies