Opinion of Ron Paul
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:26:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Ron Paul
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of Ron Paul?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Opinion of Ron Paul  (Read 1868 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2018, 01:28:19 PM »

1 million x better than Hillary, Bernie, or Pocahontas Warren
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2018, 09:50:52 PM »

He doesn't like it when the government kills people, which is an admirable trait for any politician.

FF.  Wish the GOP had more like him.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 12:57:29 AM »

He doesn't like it when the government kills people, which is an admirable trait for any politician.

Yeah, he prefers to kill working-class people through viciously shredding Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. Bootstraps libertarianism is truly awful.

Anyway, giant HP.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2018, 01:04:56 AM »

Very slightly lean HP.

I broadly agree with him on economic/domestic policy issues, but his foreign policy views are dangerously misguided. If said views were ever implemented, there would be a dramatic withdrawal of the United States from the world stage, and we would see a more unstable/dangerous world with nations like China and Russia filling the power vacuum we leave behind.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2018, 01:16:34 AM »

Better than Rand.

Then again that's not saying much.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2018, 07:09:03 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2018, 08:29:35 PM by Senator Scott🎄 »

Yeah, he prefers to kill working-class people through viciously shredding Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. Bootstraps libertarianism is truly awful.

Anyway, giant HP.

And he's wrong on those issues, as are 99% of "mainstream" Republicans.  I would much rather have genuine free marketers in the opposition than corporate whores like Ryan and McConnell.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2018, 07:50:07 PM »

I miss the halcyon days of 2012 when Politics YouTube comment sections consisted of 16-year old white teenagers screeching about how we need to "AUDIT THE FED"/ how "GOLD DOESN'T RUST" instead of the late-2010s crypto-fascism we see today.

All the former Paulbots faced a fork in the road: become a Berniebro or a Trumpkin. Former allies, now locked in a battle to see who can spam internet comment sections most obnoxiously.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2018, 08:09:42 PM »

I miss the halcyon days of 2012 when Politics YouTube comment sections consisted of 16-year old white teenagers screeching about how we need to "AUDIT THE FED"/ how "GOLD DOESN'T RUST" instead of the late-2010s crypto-fascism we see today.

All the former Paulbots faced a fork in the road: become a Berniebro or a Trumpkin. Former allies, now locked in a battle to see who can spam internet comment sections most obnoxiously.

Paulbots and Berniebros (well, before "Berniebros" were a thing) always shared a common kinship.

Horseshoe theory is real.  I think it's the memes that bring us together, though.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2018, 08:57:47 PM »

Paulbots and Berniebros (well, before "Berniebros" were a thing) always shared a common kinship.

Horseshoe theory is real.  I think it's the memes that bring us together, though.

Ron Paul united the "muh anti establishment" crowd in 2012, but 2016 gave them options. Prefer a quasi fascist streak of anti establishment? You're in luck, here's Trump! Borderline anarchist who wants to drown the government in a bathtub? Cruz is your guy! In the mood for a proletariat revolution? Time to #FeelTheBern. Or were you just with Ron for the cult of personality? In that case, here's his spineless and pandering son Rand!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2018, 09:04:48 PM »

Ron Paul united the "muh anti establishment" crowd in 2012, but 2016 gave them options. Prefer a quasi fascist streak of anti establishment? You're in luck, here's Trump! Borderline anarchist who wants to drown the government in a bathtub? Cruz is your guy! In the mood for a proletariat revolution? Time to #FeelTheBern. Or were you just with Ron for the cult of personality? In that case, here's his spineless and pandering son Rand!

Yeah, united them enough to win the Virgin Islands. Tongue

(I won't make the obvious joke.)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2018, 09:15:03 PM »

Yeah, united them enough to win the Virgin Islands. Tongue

(I won't make the obvious joke.)
Because you would be stealing it from The Professor.
Small L
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 12:19:43 AM »

Huh? The ancaps (is that what you mean?) hated Cruz, and the cult of personality people generally went to Trump or Bernie.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 12:37:13 AM »

Crazy idiot. Tongue
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2018, 04:32:47 PM »

YES! Those were the days! My mom and I do impressions of him all the time.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 05:00:08 PM »

Recovering Paulbot here, the dude sucks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2018, 05:50:13 PM »

He is basically a kook, with something of a sordid past.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2018, 06:27:56 AM »

As something of a pseudo-libertarian (and a pro-life one at that) I agree with him on foreign policy and most social issues, but I nowadays find libertarian fiscal policy terribly idealistic (although, like Scott, I much prefer it to corporatism).

Pretty solid FF, although I say that with reservations that I didn't have a couple years ago.
un
UnbredBoat348
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -7.30

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2018, 07:09:03 PM »

FF. He's not an establishment guy. He's not backwards on war and social policy. I do believe he thinks he believes in his own message. I may disagree with him on some things, but he does actually care about the people, and I respect him for that.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2018, 07:17:16 PM »

FF. He's not an establishment guy. He's not backwards on war and social policy. I do believe he thinks he believes in his own message. I may disagree with him on some things, but he does actually care about the people, and I respect him for that.

Yes, sovereign citizens and white supremacists do believe in what they say and do. That is true.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »

I appreciate his dedication to constitutionally limited federal government. He took the stance that Congress should cite which clause in the Constitution justifies the law they are passing, and I like that.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2018, 03:37:45 AM »

Easily the worst person in American politics from 2008-2012.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2020, 12:50:15 PM »

hp
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2020, 12:59:59 PM »

Massive HP.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2020, 04:45:10 PM »

I used to adore him but he's gone kooky after his 2012 presidential run (ie Jessie Ventura territory).  Lean FF.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies