Are you a Xahar Democrat? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:05:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are you a Xahar Democrat? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are you a Xahar Democrat?  (Read 3995 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: June 14, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »

Abortion:
Left - Keep abortion as it is presently. Safe, legal, and rare. Keep partial-birth abortion legal.

I agree with Xahar.

Balanced Budget:
Far-Left - A deficit and debt is fine.  Focus on social programs and how the government can better people's lives.

I agree with the last sentence, but the first is wrong. While most social programs are worthy, we can reduce the debt/deficit with putting an end to superfluous and ridiculous spending on bridges to nowhere and things of that nature.

Business Tax:
Far-Left - Significantly increase business taxation.

I pretty much agree, but I would make exceptions for small businesses.  There's a difference between a machine shop with 40 employees and a corporate giant.

Campaign Finance Reform:
Center-Left - We need to significantly reduce corporate and union donations. Ban soft money contributions.

I agree with X.

Education:
Left - No school vouchers, large increase to federal funding. Modernize school system with more after-school programs.

I agree with X.

Environment:
Far-Left - The environment should be our first national priority. Expand National Park System. Large government programs.

I agree with X, but before expanding the NPS and adding more programs, I would make reducing pollution, toxic emmissions and researching alternative fuels the top priority.  That said, I am concerned about our parks...and not just those with natural wonders, but our battlefields as well.  They've gotten short shrift for decades.

Free Trade:
Left - We need to erect large tariff barriers to protect all our industries and our labor market. Pull out of free trade agreements.

I basically agree with X. but I would probably vary slightly on finer points.

Gun Control:
Left - We need gun control! Ban certain guns. Require registration/background checks. Gun control protects children.

I would need to know what guns you want to ban.  Military-style assault weapons?  Absolutely.  Registration and background checks for post 1898 firearms?  I would support that, but I could also compromise to allow exceptions for single shot, bolt action and pump action weapons.  I would further add protection for the owners of antique (pre-1898) firearms so that these collector weapons could not be seized or confiscated.

Health Care:
Left - Completely public health care system and include perscription drugs under medicare. Require health insurance for every child.

I agree with X.

Immigration:
Left - Immigration is great! The more immigrants the better. Just require a criminal record check. Full blanket-amnesty.

I basically agree and want immigration to be encouraged.  I would, however, support easier immigration for those willing to serve on certain public works projects, in the military and in public service for set periods.

Military Funding:
Left - Decrease funding for weapons and focus on spending for humanitarian relief.

Increase funding to fund the war on terror... in Afghanistan.  Raise military pay.  Provide every soldier or sailor with everything they need for safety on the battlefield and proper health care off.

Military Doctrine:
Far-Left - Remove all U.S. troops from foreign soil. No intervention! Our miltary need never be used.

We need to hunt down Osama bin Laden and either kill him or imprison him for life with no access to the public.  He is a brutal mass murderer and one of the few human beings I consider to be a complete waste of skin. We absolutely DO need to be out of Iraq as soon as possible for the safety of our departing troops.  But we should pour more men into Afghanistan.  And if OBL is in Pakistan, we go there too.  Until he is dead, dead, dead.

Personal Tax:
Left - Increase income tax for the rich. Reduce for those in lower income bracket.

I agree with X.  But I do support the EITC for working people earning under a certain amount.

Social Security:
Far-Left - No to any private investment, dramatically increase funding.

I agree with X.

Nation-Building:
Far-Left - We should not meddle in other's cultures, no matter our moral feelings about some events.

I agree with X, except in cases of mass murder or starvation. BUT -- even in those cases, the first response of the US should be to ask what other nations in the region are doing.  For example, before we get involved in Bosnia or Kosovo, we would need to be sure the majority of the work and expense is being done/carried by the wealthier nations in the region.  In cases where there are no powerful nations in the region, then the US should make every effort to build a coalition with -- or without -- UN support. 

Civil Rights:
Center - Get the federal government out of civil rights. Leave affirmative action and same-sex unions to the states.

I completely disagree with X.  Civil rights are a federal concern and discrimination should be fought on the local, state and federal levels.

China:
Center - Monitor China within the World Trade Organization. Defend Taiwan.

Partially agree with X.  I am not sure where I stand on Taiwan.

Crime:
Far-Left - Society makes people bad, punishment worsens it. Rehabilitation is effective. No death penalty and prison industry.

I agree with X.  I would end the death penalty.  I would, however, increase the number of cases in which a person could and should be imprisoned for life without the possibility of parole.  This would include those who batter or molest children a second time (after a prior conviction, sentence and release).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies