Official Republican National Convention 2012 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:57:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Official Republican National Convention 2012 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Republican National Convention 2012 Discussion Thread  (Read 26204 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« on: August 28, 2012, 09:45:56 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 03:42:15 PM »

The RNC genuinely has zero enthusiasm.

Nope.

Conventions in general suck, but one headlined by Mitt Romney sucks even more.

Might watch preseason football........
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »

As Governor of Massachusetts, I chose a woman Lt. Governor, a woman chief of staff, half of my cabinet and senior officials were women, and in business, I mentored and supported great women leaders who went on to run great companies.

Pandering hard, aren't we Mitt?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 06:04:45 PM »

As Governor of Massachusetts, I chose a woman Lt. Governor, a woman chief of staff, half of my cabinet and senior officials were women, and in business, I mentored and supported great women leaders who went on to run great companies.

At least Romney's pandering to women by saying things he's done, rather than Obama's pandering to women by saying things the other side would do.

And, honestly, 'pandering' is just 'campaigning' with a negative connotation.

Romney's is pandering on stuff that is irrelevant to women.

No one cares if you hired women in your businesses or put women in positions in your admin, since Obama has done that as well.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 06:28:38 PM »

At least Romney's pandering to women by saying things he's done, rather than Obama's pandering to women by saying things the other side would do.

And, honestly, 'pandering' is just 'campaigning' with a negative connotation.

Romney's is pandering on stuff that is irrelevant to women.

No one cares if you hired women in your businesses or put women in positions in your admin, since Obama has done that as well.

Women like to have a paycheck just as much as men.

Agreed.

Hence why Obama is leading among woman......
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 08:15:57 PM »

Ah yes, what with the foreign-born, anti-colonialist, not Anglo-Saxon, Muslim, exotic worldview and whatnot.

Did this guy really say "a president who doesn't believe"?

You do know that the entire speech was about business, right? This is the perfect example of how preconceptions leading someone to an alternate reality.

This is rich coming from a Republican.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 08:23:23 PM »

>Think Obama is a poor president. Believe in math. Naturally become a fascist to the Dems.

Oh Dems. Never change. Or else we'll start consistently losing elections again.

Again....rich coming from a Republican.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 08:48:43 PM »

Diane Sawyer had a hart hitting interview with Paul Ryan, asking him what his mom said to him last night and then talked about family photos. Journalism!

Hey, at least it was probably better than Obama's interview with Entertainment Tonight.

lol, journalism.

False equivalence at it's best.

One is ABC news, while the other is Entertainment Tonight.

Seriously, are you really this much of a hack?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 09:48:27 PM »

Yup.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 09:52:34 PM »

Oh Jesus.....
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 09:57:05 PM »

It is so interesting mix of conflicting feelings...optimistic, depressed, cheerful, dissapointed...who knew he went from no emotions to a complete mess of emotions.

Malware virus.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »

I gotta say, Ryan's speech, even with all of the falsehoods, was about 100x better than this. This is bad.

Yup.

Ryan's speech actually ticked me off, which is a good thing for Republicans.

Mitt's is just pathetic.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 10:11:17 PM »

Shouldn't people in the audience be smiling or something? Everyone looks like their goldfish just died.

Can you blame them?

I mean do you remember how you felt when John Kerry was our nominee.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »

I came in here to defend the speech. It didn't seem all that bad to me, but it just keeps getting worse. The USA chants give me bubble guts and I find myself constantly wondering how much of this Romney even believes.

He doesn't believe most of it.  Most of it is red meat, GOTV language like most convention speeches.  The only difference with Mitt is that...and I've been watching political and nomination speeches for more than 30 years...this is just lame.  Lame.  Reagan was an over-the-moon great speaker, moving and inspiring.  Bush 41 was a decent speaker.  Bush 43 was someone you could identify with.  McCain was a genuine American hero.  Mitt sucks.  An into cheerleading American business followed by a litany of complaints that are just boilerplate nonsense and most of which have policy implications that, if elected, he won't even follow.  If this guy gets elected, even worse than his policy agenda, I'll actually have to listen to him for at least four years...and hope to lose my hearing on top of my eyesight.  Lame.  Jesus.  Lame.

Can I sig this?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies