Best rigged election of the last 10 years. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:58:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Best rigged election of the last 10 years. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best rigged election of the last 10 years.  (Read 1914 times)
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -8.00

« on: November 06, 2009, 08:00:37 PM »

Well it certainly wasn't a "fair" election by any stretch.
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 06:36:20 AM »

Boy have there been some doosies of rigged-elections in these past 10 years. Iran, Zimbabwe, Russia, Afghanistan, even the USA in 2000.

But which was the best? Who pulled it off the most skillfully, seamlessly, with the fewest negative repurcussions for themselves?

I'm gonna give it to Russia/Putin, because he's the only one that I can think of who keeps stealing elections that he would win freely anyway. The majority wants him in power, and thus is fine with him stealing it...

Gotta love Russia.

nice job working 2000 usa into your little whine.

2000 was won fare and square by Pres Bush and any one with any honor knows that.  Why cant you people let it go all ready?  We won.  you lost get over it.

Definitely dropped on his head as a baby...
ChrisJG777
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 07:02:47 AM »

Boy have there been some doosies of rigged-elections in these past 10 years. Iran, Zimbabwe, Russia, Afghanistan, even the USA in 2000.

But which was the best? Who pulled it off the most skillfully, seamlessly, with the fewest negative repurcussions for themselves?

I'm gonna give it to Russia/Putin, because he's the only one that I can think of who keeps stealing elections that he would win freely anyway. The majority wants him in power, and thus is fine with him stealing it...

Gotta love Russia.

nice job working 2000 usa into your little whine.

2000 was won fare and square by Pres Bush and any one with any honor knows that.  Why cant you people let it go all ready?  We won.  you lost get over it.

Definitely dropped on his head as a baby...

As much as I hate to say it, he's right.

If the 2000 US Presidential, or for that matter, any US Presidential election was truly fair, the popular vote would've decided the victor all the time.  Now indeed, most of the time the EC winner is also the PV winner, but 2000 was the most recent example of how screwed up the American Presidential election system really is.  So, whilst not rigged (I most certainly don't think it was), Bush won unfairly in 2000 as he was not ahead in the popular vote.  If he was ahead in the nationwide PV, I would not be typing this right now.

As for Coburn, 'tis best that you're not caught agreeing with him, for obvious reasons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies