BREAKING: Angus King will announce at 3:30 which party he plans to caucus with (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:23:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  BREAKING: Angus King will announce at 3:30 which party he plans to caucus with (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Angus King will announce at 3:30 which party he plans to caucus with  (Read 3013 times)
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« on: November 05, 2014, 01:28:13 PM »

I have ex-girlfriends who were less attention-seeking than Angus King.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:34:52 PM »

I have ex-girlfriends who were less attention-seeking than Angus King.

Can I make that my signature? Please? Smiley

Go for it, bud.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »

People are calling him an opportunist and an attention whore if he plans to caucus with the Republicans. The actual truth is that he's all those things no matter who he caucuses with.

To be fair, my comment was at 1:30pm EST, hinting that he's an attention whore without knowing who he plans to caucus with. This still stands, even if he continues to caucus with the Democrats.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:16:28 PM »

If you're truly an independent, why is it wrong for you to change who you caucus with? He's not a Democrat.

There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but here he'd clearly be doing it for opportunistic rather than ideological reasons. Plus, if he goes over to the Republicans now, the Dems should not take him back if he tries to come running back in 2016 if they retake the senate.

I disagree here--padding a majority is padding a majority, and I want to see Democrats increase the number of Senators in their caucus. But his committee assignments should involve basketweaving or dogcatching, at best.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies