Farewell (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:29:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Farewell (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Farewell  (Read 16657 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: February 12, 2017, 12:38:36 PM »

Well, that is it. It has been a fun dozen years. But, at this point, continued presence here is intolerable: it is inconsistent with the minimal feeling of self-respect. It has become an acceptable practice here to glorify murderers and murder: that is "an opinion". Responding to that is "unacceptable personal attack". Enough is enough.

Won't see any of you again.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 12:07:49 AM »

You are right: I am an idiot. Apologies for coming back: it was a stupid mistake on my part, will try not to repeat it again. If I stumble again (as I, probably, will), I guess, there are enough despeakable deplorables here to quickly remind me why I should not.

Tam-tam.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 08:42:50 PM »

I hope he stays gone.  I don't understand why there wasn't a permaban issued.

I think, this gives me a good reason to come back. Perhaps, the only good thing I have ever done on this forum is making certain sanctimonious pricks uncomfortable.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 08:57:35 PM »

I think, this gives me a good reason to come back. Perhaps, the only good thing I have ever done on this forum is making certain sanctimonious pricks uncomfortable.

I must rent an awful lot of space in your head.

I note that you led off your comeback with a post that, arguably, violates the ToS. 

I am simply trying to have some innocent fun, while making the humanity slightly better.

Is that prohibited by the ToS?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 09:15:51 PM »

I voluntarily resigned from moderating, if I recall it right Smiley.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »

Yeah that's a fair point, although after reading the mod discussions and then considering the 2016 Tender precedent, I'm fairly sure that situation would have ended the same regardless.

Happy to hear that.

Anyway. I am only back for sanctimonious pricks.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 06:17:54 AM »

A, Herr David, my other favourite target Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 06:49:34 AM »

Yeah that's a fair point, although after reading the mod discussions and then considering the 2016 Tender precedent, I'm fairly sure that situation would have ended the same regardless.

Happy to hear that.

There's quite the crop since you last left.

But you've found that out first hand, haven't you? Wink

I think together we could (and should) provide them with an uplifting spiritual and educational experience Smiley Are in for it?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 07:42:59 AM »

Happy to hear that.

There's quite the crop since you last left.

But you've found that out first hand, haven't you? Wink

I think together we could (and should) provide them with an uplifting spiritual and educational experience Smiley Are in for it?

Does the pope seek to revitalize a moribund institution with subtle yet dramatically important gestures encapsulating the fundamental narrative of Christ as laid out in the New Testament-- and wear a funny hat? Wink

Humility, my dear sir! Humility! I am a humble feldkurat, no more Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 12:45:54 PM »

I must rent an awful lot of space in your head.

I note that you led off your comeback with a post that, arguably, violates the ToS. 

I am simply trying to have some innocent fun, while making the humanity slightly better.

Is that prohibited by the ToS?

How does this site have so many mods & former mods who don't realize personal attacks and vulgar name-calling are against the ToS?    It's ridiculous.

Very simple. There is no longer any such thing as personal attack in my book Smiley It is just being plainspoken. So the restriction, while valid, is vacuous. And this will remain the case till after the war.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies