Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped  (Read 10921 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 15, 2016, 03:06:00 PM »

It's still good advice -- tell your kids who are too young to drink alcoholic beverages to avoid places in which people are drinking heavily. Alcohol kills inhibitions to a man's sex drive and takes away a girl's ability to resist unwelcome sex. Alcohol almost qualifies as a date-rape drug.

I'm a Democrat, and I fully endorse that message. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 11:21:02 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2016, 11:35:24 PM by pbrower2a »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

True. But there need be alternatives to attending wild, drunken parties while underage for drinking. Maybe more sedate, alcohol-free events?

I was 18 when the legal age for drinking was 18. But I knew how to drink -- nurse a drink for two hours and get another, starting at 5PM.  The drinks were likely watered down, anyway. But we college students had little tolerance for assault, violence, ugly language, or drugs (marijuana excepted). But we were college students.

But even if one is drinking age -- it would be wise to avoid wild, drunken parties, or for that matter, very rough bars.

Others didn't bother with the two-hours-between-drinks rule. They got sick.

Good. Paris is still a good tourist destination even if Tokyo is safer.

Or Syria. Or Iraq. Or Colombia. Or Venezuela.

As far as that goes, Detroit or St. Louis unless you really know where you are going.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 11:38:08 PM »

I hate alcohol and I don't think Kasich is going anywhere. I'm just not a misogynist victim blamer like TNVolunteer.

Where and when have I said that the victim is to blame for the rape?

It's more that you (and Kasich) are implying that the way to deal with the problem of rape is by giving advice to the potential victims, rather than trying to stopping the rapists themselves.

Also you're just a misogynist in general.

Keeping potential victims away from people who seem like likely rapists and from behaviors with a high likelihood of getting raped (like getting drunk or using drugs) is a good personal strategy.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 06:26:01 AM »

We cannot absolve guilty persons of agency, nor should we demonize their devices. There will always be someone with less than kindly intentions around, regardless of the situation. This is not an excuse to place blame wantonly. To perceive actual threat at one of these parties is to show ageist/misandrist/ignorant belief. It is disingenuous to caution one's daughters against them, skewed to assume the stereotypic young man is up to no good. Ignorance is more forgivable.

P.S. I took none of the Kasich supporters seriously in this thread due to obvious bias.

Alcohol is a simple chemical with complicated effects on mental activity. It makes some people more vicious or unscrupulous, and some people more vulnerable. It can become for all practical purposes a date-rape drug.  For someone fully adult, alcohol is a mild drug. For someone not adult, alcohol is a very hard drug.

A man trying to get a girl drunk so that she will accede to his lust is up to no good.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies