Apple to Replace its iPhone with Augmented Reality, Starting with AR Headset (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:42:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Apple to Replace its iPhone with Augmented Reality, Starting with AR Headset (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Apple to Replace its iPhone with Augmented Reality, Starting with AR Headset  (Read 2739 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: December 31, 2021, 05:37:35 AM »
« edited: January 02, 2022, 07:44:53 PM by Passive Amorphous Host of Totalizing Parasitic Dysphoria »

The gee-whiz pop-sci idea that the acceleration of technocapital is indefinite and inherently a force for good is exactly what scares me the most about the present political and economic order. I don't trust unbridled technological advancement to make a 180 and solve the all-encompassing problems it's created that have destroyed human experience and our relationship with the other living beings that are our kin and equals, or for there to be a means within capitalism to correct capitalism's flaws as the new generation of technocrats say with wide eyes.

I don't normally argue my most sincere and immediate beliefs on here 'cause they're not that applicable to most situations and most folks don't like to engage with them, but it is a moral imperative for all of creation for this course to be reversed before growth eats itself alive. Of course that isn't happening and instead we'll have to piece things together post-collapse in a way that hopefully those still around will ensure doesn't follow this same idolatrous death spiral. Nature is in isolation a homeostatic mechanism that human hubris has stressed to the limits, and it's embarrassing that the destructive impact of our machinations hasn't been adequately comprehended by those responsible for them in the thousands of years that we've been drifting apart from our origins.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies