Oklahoma (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:59:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Oklahoma (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahoma  (Read 1874 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: April 10, 2008, 08:13:27 PM »

Parts of Tulsa are nice.  The entire state has an inferiority complex with Texas.

Oklahoma is definitely not inferior to Texas.  Neither state is better or worse than the other.  Oklahoma does have a better football team than Texas. Tongue  I live in Texas now, but I will always be an Okie and I always love the Sooners.  For to me, it would be sacreligious to be a fan of the Texas Shorthorns.  The Aggies are okay, and the Red Raiders are okay, but that juvy team down there in Austin, no.  Both states are really growing nicely.  Texas is probably growing a little bit faster than Oklahoma, but thats not to say Oklahoma isn't growing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 03:36:53 PM »

Say what you want about Oklahoma.  All I know is that it is a wonderful state, and I will always be an Okie at heart whether I live there or not.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:08:01 PM »

The whole midsection of the country is a rural ghetto.
That maybe true in a lot of places, but certainly not everywhere.  The places are a lot smaller sure, but some of them are doing alright.  Especially now that idiots in DC thought using our food supply to slightly offset our use of oil was a good idea.  Corn and wheat prices are going crazy.  It's good for me and my state, but it's stupid govt policy.

That is true, there are a lot of good places in the plains.  In Oklahoma, all of your bigger cities, like Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Norman, Lawton, Stillwater, Enid, Muskogee, Moore, McAlester, Broken Arrow, Edmond, etc, are doing alright.  All of the college towns are doing quite well, like my college town of Alva which only has 5,000 people.  Its losing people slowly, but they have a good state representative (Republican Jeff Hickman D-58) who is doing everything he can to bring more jobs to Alva and the northwest part of the state.  The oil and gas dominates up there and in Woodward.  It is a college town of a small NAIA school (Northwestern Oklahoma State University) and also has a Supercenter Wal-Mart, the smallest in the state.  That town is not going away any time soon.  There are some towns that are pretty much dried up (Carmen, Lookout, Byron, Ingersoll to name a few), but every state has those.

Personally, I like the scenery up there.  I like that you are able to see about 10 miles down the road on a good day.

We have a saying in Northwest Oklahoma that you can see your dog run away for three days.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies