Atlas Blue members: How are you ok with what Trump is doing to the USPS? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:33:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Atlas Blue members: How are you ok with what Trump is doing to the USPS? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Blue members: How are you ok with what Trump is doing to the USPS?  (Read 966 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 14, 2020, 02:17:58 PM »

So far, the closest thing a Republican here has said as a justification to Trump trying to disrupt the election is that Americans are no pro-social enough to be trusted with universal sufferage and therefore we need a benevolent dictator. I guess there is the half-argument that what has worked in the past will continue to work regardless of change in circumstances. That's the default Republican argument in general.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 02:52:14 PM »

So far, the closest thing a Republican here has said as a justification to Trump trying to disrupt the election is that Americans are no pro-social enough to be trusted with universal sufferage and therefore we need a benevolent dictator. I guess there is the half-argument that what has worked in the past will continue to work regardless of change in circumstances. That's the default Republican argument in general.
Did you not read my post and just skipped over to latch on to Jessica's post instead?

I guess that's the other argument. That accidents happen. They will always find a way to happen. For example, in 2004, I got a notice in the mail (the first election I voted in) after the election that my ballot wasn't counted and I had to re-register to vote. Good thing I was living in a safe state where I was pleasantly surprised when Bush carried the county at only 42-54 and that the House candidate got within 10 points of winning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies