SENATE BILL: Anti-Conscription Amendment (sent to regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:52:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Anti-Conscription Amendment (sent to regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Anti-Conscription Amendment (sent to regions)  (Read 4891 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: September 20, 2011, 10:43:59 PM »

What is the relevance of "legitimate foreign governments" and the higher education exception?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 03:25:23 PM »

What is the relevance of "legitimate foreign governments" and the higher education exception?

No conscription for a terrorist attack, basically.  Only in the case where, say, Mexico invades us.. or Iran or whoever... but Al Qaeda?  No.

I still don't see why that distinction though. It seems like the distinction would be whether we are talking about repeling an invasion (whether from a recognized government or not), or whether  sending forces to fight in another country.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 02:14:36 AM »

This point has still not been addressed.
I went to high school with a few kids that turned 18 their senior year.  So they could be pulled out, but a college freshman can not?  And why would a 20 year old college junior be more protected that a 20 year old in an apprenticeship or one that is married, has a child, and is in a job.
I'm not too keen either on giving those in higher ed greater rights than others in the Constitution.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies