Most Democrat Possible District by State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:02:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most Democrat Possible District by State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most Democrat Possible District by State  (Read 8789 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:30:18 AM »

I'm not sure if this is the most Democratic district in California as I didn't play around with Los Angeles County, but it has to be roughly the most Democratic in Northern California and among the most liberal in the country. It takes in all of Berkeley, most of Oakland, and a some of the most Democratic precincts in Contra Costa County. I used the Bay Bridge to get the most Democratic parts of San Francisco. It'd look somewhat better were it not for the ugly water precincts. I tried, but narrowly failed to get Obama to 95% (and I made a point of avoiding <90% Obama precincts).

Obama 94.5%
Brown 92.5%

VAP:
White 40.7%
Black 19.1%
Hispanic 20.6%
Asian 15.8%
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 08:16:23 AM »

Before it crashed on me, I had a relatively compact district in Los Angeles County. It would've been the most Democratic district in California, exceeding even the Bay Area district I made before. It was about 96% Obama (and about 95% Brown). I think it was something like 51% Hispanic, 46% Black, and just over 1% White in terms of VAP. There wasn't a single precinct in the district where Obama had less than 90% of the vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies