The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:42:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 263905 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 19, 2012, 04:22:39 PM »

I consider myself a good judge of character and good discussion.  I say Dave just make me Admin for a day.  Then I can just permaban everything that sucks about this forum and be done with it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 04:50:12 PM »

So you think Obama is in full collapse, Lief?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 10:13:46 PM »

J.J., ...  Even if I don't like what I'm hearing, I keep finding myself amazed at your analysis.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 03:21:16 AM »

Simfan, you need to start getting drunk and having fun with your socks.  Srsly bro.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 11:42:05 PM »

Nope. Back in the days of Reagan, you could get a job, earn enough to buy a house, a car, raise a family, all without incurring debt - pay the house off and own the surrounding land.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 01:08:29 AM »

How long until we find out he's another complex Aizen character?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 01:12:20 AM »

Why didn't someone tell Adam Lanza that the Sandy Hook Elementary School was a gun free zone?

He clearly found out from somewhere -- not sure he would've gone in otherwise.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »

Where do people hear the word "theory" and learn it to be antonym of something based in fact?  It's something that's never been explained. 

I even hear pro-science groups dish out the definition "in science, a theory is not a guess but yada yada yada."    But, outside of science, the word doesn't even mean a guess.    Nobody uses the word theory to mean a guess.  Where do people learn to think of the word theory like this?  It makes about as much as if cook books dished out the disclaimer "in the world of cooking, chicken is not a vegetable."  The definition of the word is universal.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 02:57:46 PM »

I am predicting the United States economy will create 1 million new jobs in March and April.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 03:29:39 PM »

America truly has gone downhill when Naso's right to free speech is not given preference.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 12:06:32 PM »

I really don't understand how you can say the economy wouldn't have been as bad in 2008. The crisis had absolutely nothing to do with tax cuts. It was due to the governments interference in the housing market via fannie mae & freddie mac. If anything the Gore economy would have been worse. Bush inherited a slumping economy that got worse because of 9/11. The tax cuts didn't take full effect until 2003, at which point, the economy picked up until the housing market bubble.

there's nothing in there that's as absurd as blaming the financial crisis on tax cuts.

If we didn't have the tax cuts, Iraq, and Medicare Part D, instead going the Gore route of lockboxing and paying down the debt, the stimulus packages could have been double in size and twice in length and scope and we wouldn't have felt a recession at all.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 07:50:05 PM »

This thread has turned into quite the deluge of absurd, ignorant, and bad posts.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 08:17:58 PM »

King raises a valuable point: Is pointless arguing and bickering encouraged in the Deluge? I know we don't allow it in the Comedy Goldmine or the Good Post Gallery, but it seems to make more sense here, since we are getting people to post their bad posts directly into the Deluge. Hm...

I say no.  These threads are supposed to be highlight reels.  Only the most absurd, ignorant, and worst moments.  There's too many clips of passing the ball to setup the play with convos here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies