Soulty (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:08:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Soulty (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Soulty  (Read 1888 times)
danwxman

« on: March 21, 2005, 07:37:16 PM »

Why would you bash me then lock the thread? Really mature of you.

There was nothing wrong with the question I asked. Those of you on the far-right who subscribe to the philosophy that one must accept Christ in order to get into heaven, do you believe that someone like Terri Shiavo will still go to heaven if she has not accepted Christ?
danwxman

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 07:40:36 PM »

Believe me, you're not doing your philosophy any credit with the type of stuff you have said.  It is cruel.  Is this what your brand of liberalism has come to, cruel remarks about a woman in dire distress?

I'll tell you whats cruel...those on the right who believe that someone like Terri Shiavo will go to hell if they have not accepted Christ...no matter how good of a life they have lived or how much suffering they have endured. That is cruel.
danwxman

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 07:41:42 PM »

This thread is much more inappropriate than your other one, dan. Just PM him. If you have a complaint, post it in "The Atlas" forum, as I did.

I'd like everyone to know that he bashed me then didn't give me the chance to respond. Thanks for the suggestion though.
danwxman

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 07:42:44 PM »

Believe me, you're not doing your philosophy any credit with the type of stuff you have said.  It is cruel.  Is this what your brand of liberalism has come to, cruel remarks about a woman in dire distress?

He is just an angry, anti-Catholic. He has said in the past that he doesn't care if the Pope is ill and that he doesn't want to hear about it. Basically, if it doesn't involve him, he doesn't care.

I didn't say that at all. I said I didn't care to hear about it on the news every night, but that I wish him the best.
danwxman

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 08:21:17 PM »

I'll tell you whats cruel...those on the right who believe that someone like Terri Shiavo will go to hell if they have not accepted Christ...no matter how good of a life they have lived or how much suffering they have endured. That is cruel.

Who is suggesting that she is going to go to hell?  I really don't know what you're talking about.  You're raising a strawman, as usual.

Umm...I'm trying to figure that out. The right cannot deal with this issue because it's so cruel.
danwxman

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 09:10:24 PM »

Where to begin:

1) First, you start out your thread by attaching onto to the emotionalism of a very senstive topic, using it as a vehicle to attack the other side when the two points you makes have absolutly nothing in common.

2) Second, you are attacking a strawman.  No one has ever claimed the possition that you are going after.  Instead, you take the possition of a small minority of the electorate, assume that all of your opponents hold that possition.  Then you apply it to a situation that has no direct relevance to that possition.  Somehow, in this thread, you seem to have concluded that I believe this to be so.

3) You have a long history of open hostility towards the "religious right" and practicing Catholics in particular.

4) You have a long history of mischaracterizing the possitions of those who disagree with you, even if the difference is slight.  It is the only weapon in your arsenal.

5) If you want to respond, from now on, PM me, or respond in the "Give a Hoot" Thread.

1) It's a valid question and a valid point...you are the one who is applying blanket emotionalism to this topic.

2) Wrong. It's really a basic belief of the fundies...you have to accept Christ to get into heaven. I don't subscribe to the belief that a perfectly good human being can rot in hell just because they didn't have a personal relationship with Jesus before they died. Maybe we agree?

3) Of course I have hostility to the religious right.

4) Well then, you have mischaracterized this situation...so we're equal.

5) I'm going to respond in this thread so everybody can read it as a reply to yours. Why are you so affraid of me responding directly to your posts?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies