SENATE BILL: Congress Should Serve The People Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:26:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Congress Should Serve The People Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Congress Should Serve The People Act (Passed)  (Read 3512 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« on: March 07, 2021, 01:10:49 PM »

Nay.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 10:33:07 PM »

Nay.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 08:48:24 PM »

Do we need a next amendment? It seems fine as is.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 10:52:13 PM »

Late to the party but who is Dereich?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 06:32:26 PM »

I have no issue moving to a final vote, and I look forward to voting Nay on this. There is no justification for reducing congressional pay and it is not likely these bronze busts will provide the valuable decor worthy of our Capitol building.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 01:21:39 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2021, 01:25:40 PM by SevenEleven »

I have no issue moving to a final vote, and I look forward to voting Nay on this. There is no justification for reducing congressional pay and it is not likely these bronze busts will provide the valuable decor worthy of our Capitol building.

You could have had any material you wanted by offering an amendment. Tongue I would not have objected.

It wouldn't make a difference, I am not voting to reduce congressional pay, if anything it should be increased. This bill seeks to limit those who can serve to the incredibly wealthy and I cannot reconcile that with my own beliefs.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 06:40:02 PM »

You could have had any material you wanted by offering an amendment. Tongue I would not have objected.

It wouldn't make a difference, I am not voting to reduce congressional pay, if anything it should be increased. This bill seeks to limit those who can serve to the incredibly wealthy and I cannot reconcile that with my own beliefs.

From a quick search, the median wage in the US for individuals seems to be 34k and even the average is 51k (and it was 28 and 44k in 2014, which this bill retroactively adjusts to inflation)

This is a salary cut, but this won't have Senators suddenly on food stamps or anything Tongue

I don't care what the median income is. The people's representatives deserve fair compensation for their difficult work that requires lots of travel while living away from their family in a city with a high cost of living.

This bill's supporters should try living in DC on 50k a year and let me know how it goes.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 09:14:07 PM »

Nay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies