Trumpcare Megathread: It's dead (for now)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:55:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trumpcare Megathread: It's dead (for now)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 78
Author Topic: Trumpcare Megathread: It's dead (for now)  (Read 173265 times)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2017, 06:52:27 PM »

trump talked with collins and paul and both of them think he is on their side now...

Trump to warring GOP senators: I'm on your side
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/28/trump-health-care-paul-collins-240065

My guess is they'll fold soon. Rand Paul is a complete phony and Collins could care less.

I dont think so. For all the bullsh**t she spews, Collins wont vote for something that cuts planned parenthood or Medicaid.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2017, 07:07:05 PM »

trump talked with collins and paul and both of them think he is on their side now...

My guess is they'll fold soon. Rand Paul is a complete phony and Collins could care less.

I dont think so. For all the bullsh**t she spews, Collins wont vote for something that cuts planned parenthood or Medicaid.

Maine never expanded Medicaid anyway. Collins is a fraud who voted to confirm Gorsuch despite his obviously terrible views on women. Collins could care less about PP or womens health. Dont be surprised if Murkowski folds too. None of these people have ever had to have their character put to the test during their time in Congress and the GOP has no room for dissident, everyone falls in line or they get destroyed.

The GOP is the heavens gate of political parties. They're basically a kamikaze suicide cult barging full steam ahead at destroying the government and taking everyone, including themselves, with it. The average Republican politician today is in a never ending cycle of being angry and stupid and lashing out because of it.

If Collins is running for Governor, shes not voting for it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2017, 08:36:47 PM »

EnglishPete?  Naso?  Sanchez?  Thomas Jackson?  Defend this because I'd love to see how such blatant goddamn ignorance can be spun in a positive light.

I will, actually. I've mixed up Medicare and Medicaid more than once, they're just one phoneme apart from each other. There are many examples of T***p's incompetence but that's a pretty weak one.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #228 on: June 28, 2017, 08:43:26 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2017, 08:45:16 PM by Senator Scott »

EnglishPete?  Naso?  Sanchez?  Thomas Jackson?  Defend this because I'd love to see how such blatant goddamn ignorance can be spun in a positive light.

I will, actually. I've mixed up Medicare and Medicaid more than once, they're just one phoneme apart from each other. There are many examples of T***p's incompetence but that's a pretty weak one.

You also weren't born in America, and you're not the President of the United States. Wink Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #229 on: June 28, 2017, 09:02:28 PM »

You also weren't born in America, and you're not the President of the United States. Wink Tongue

But I'm an Atlas poster. In terms of obsessive attention to policy detail, it's not too far from POTUS. Tongue
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2017, 10:45:41 PM »

Plus mixing up the two words is quite different from not knowing what the two things are.

What makes this even sadder is that Trump is old. Shouldn't he know a thing or two about Medicare?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2017, 11:20:23 PM »

Maine never expanded Medicaid anyway. Collins is a fraud who voted to confirm Gorsuch despite his obviously terrible views on women. Collins could care less about PP or womens health. Dont be surprised if Murkowski folds too. None of these people have ever had to have their character put to the test during their time in Congress and the GOP has no room for dissident, everyone falls in line or they get destroyed.

The GOP is the heavens gate of political parties. They're basically a kamikaze suicide cult barging full steam ahead at destroying the government and taking everyone, including themselves, with it. The average Republican politician today is in a never ending cycle of being angry and stupid and lashing out because of it.

Maine has a Medicaid ballot initiative on the ballot next year and it is likely to pass. Collins isn't voting for this.

Both her and Heller are firm no's IMO, unless McConnell drastically changes the bill. The real question mark is Murkowski. Can McConnell buy her off with some giveaways to Alaska or is that not enough? We will soon find out.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #232 on: June 29, 2017, 04:54:09 AM »

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #233 on: June 29, 2017, 10:25:55 AM »

Maine has a Medicaid ballot initiative on the ballot next year and it is likely to pass. Collins isn't voting for this.

Both her and Heller are firm no's IMO, unless McConnell drastically changes the bill. The real question mark is Murkowski. Can McConnell buy her off with some giveaways to Alaska or is that not enough? We will soon find out.

Heller is at Trump's $10 million fundraiser tonight. He'll fold soon too.

No, he won't.

He is much more fearful of the Governor (who hates the bill), then he is of Trump.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #234 on: June 29, 2017, 10:47:47 AM »
« Edited: June 29, 2017, 10:49:55 AM by Power to the Pe p e! »

No, he won't.

He is much more fearful of the Governor (who hates the bill), then he is of Trump.

So Trump's window is either Pence or Democrats? It could look really bad for Republicans and good for Trump if they lost a half dozen senators and 30 HFC congressmen but passed something with at least a dozen Democrats in the senate alone.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #235 on: June 29, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »

You guys are far too rosy and idealistic. The GOP is going to pass this one way or another. Someone will sit out the vote purely for re-election reasons. Far right wingers are going to get bullied into supporting it since GOP congress peoples melt at strong arm tactics. When Trump starts threatening them and handing out their phone numbers on Twitter, they will all fold like they always do. GOP just cant resist a charming strongman and the opportunity to destroy government programs.

They will probably just use Pence to pass it. That's pretty much what happened in the house. 217-215 or something? I can see AHCA going 217-216 and 51-50.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #236 on: June 29, 2017, 11:17:16 AM »

You guys are far too rosy and idealistic. The GOP is going to pass this one way or another. Someone will sit out the vote purely for re-election reasons. Far right wingers are going to get bullied into supporting it since GOP congress peoples melt at strong arm tactics. When Trump starts threatening them and handing out their phone numbers on Twitter, they will all fold like they always do. GOP just cant resist a charming strongman and the opportunity to destroy government programs.

Just two days ago, you weren't sounding so sure:

According to Bill Kristol, McConnell isnt even pushing the bill or contacting GOP Senators who said they'll vote no...maybe hes just wants the whole thing done and gone.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #237 on: June 29, 2017, 11:20:10 AM »

No, he won't.

So Trump's window is either Pence or Democrats? It could look really bad for Republicans and good for Trump if they lost a half dozen senators and 30 HFC congressmen but passed something with at least a dozen Democrats in the senate alone.

They should have cut a deal with Democrats from the start.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #238 on: June 29, 2017, 11:46:36 AM »

This is the GOP were talking about. There are no principles or courage in this party. It's all about sociopathic ambition combined with reckless ignorance on policy proposals. These people have no problem lying shamelessly about the effects of the bill and since their voters live in a bubble, they wont even know it will effect them and if it does, they'll just blame Obama or illegals.

All of that was true two days ago too, and yet you posted that it looked like McConnell might be giving up.  So clearly, you think that under some circumstances, they might not be able to pull it off.

I am not convinced that this Congress can manage to pass major legislation like this.  Maybe they will, and maybe they won't.  But what of any great consequence have they actually passed so far?  Confirmations of Cabinet nominees?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2017, 07:55:12 AM »

https://twitter.com/TeddyDavisCNN/status/880746714768056320

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2017, 08:09:39 AM »

That's fing irresponsible on ungodly levels
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2017, 08:25:44 AM »

Can they even just pass that through as a budget cut or will they need to abide or nuke the legislative fillibuster?

And if they do just repeal it, wouldn't that just damage industry confidence so badly that many insurers might just stop offering non-group plans?

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #242 on: June 30, 2017, 09:13:23 AM »

Sasse is an idiot. 

If they repeal without a replacement then they will lose the senate as well as the house.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2017, 09:44:47 AM »

Can they even just pass that through as a budget cut or will they need to abide or nuke the legislative fillibuster?

And if they do just repeal it, wouldn't that just damage industry confidence so badly that many insurers might just stop offering non-group plans?

They cant, they would need to get rid of the filibuster, something McConnell wont do. 
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #244 on: June 30, 2017, 11:02:19 AM »

They cant, they would need to get rid of the filibuster, something McConnell wont do. 

It wouldn't even get 40 votes anyway.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #245 on: June 30, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »

"Repeal and delay" is back, with Rand Paul jumping on board:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/06/the-return-of-repeal-and-delay-as-gop-health-care-strategy.html

But this approach got axed, in part because of opposition from Rand Paul, and then Trump himself.  However, now....

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #246 on: June 30, 2017, 11:31:01 AM »

I guess what's being floated now is to repeal all of the budget-only aspects of Obamacare that can be included in a reconciliation bill.  The regulatory side of Obamacare, which couldn't be handled in a reconciliation bill, would be left untouched.  This is the "repeal and delay" strategy that was talked about months ago but ultimately rejected (and that some are now circling back to).

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2017, 11:36:53 AM »

Here's Paul's new "repeal and delay" tweet:

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/880752077613518849

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2017, 11:43:01 AM »

https://www.axios.com/senate-gop-repeal-then-replace-isnt-happening-2450862467.html

They are just throwing **** at the wall at this point.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2017, 11:46:16 AM »

Yes, Immediately taking health insurance from over 30 million people is a wonderful idea!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies