Federalization of the states
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:06:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Federalization of the states
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federalization of the states  (Read 331 times)
Simon Feltser
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 23, 2014, 04:35:37 AM »

Ok, let me explain what I mean. What would be if some states or groups of states of America would break away and become independent? And this is not crazy fiction. There is the United States map has long entered in the free market, on which instead of the traditional 50 states across the country have identified a number of new independent states: California states, Central North American Republic, Atlantic America and the Republic of Texas. One of the largest and most economically developed states - Texas, - most is subject of this separation. There is no economic problem in oiled Texas. Moreover, they pay the highest taxes. So, Texas feeds almost all of America. And the current mess at the border adds fuel to the fire. Another state, which, according to experts, may leave the United States, it is sunny California. They are also sufficiently economically independent. After all, they are the concentration of high technologies. And Alaska. This state is far away from the country. And Alaska may to join Canada. Or even go back to Russia...What would happen, if this scenario came true?
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 05:01:29 AM »

Well Simon, I'd say Alaska going back to Russia is as likely as the 13 colonies going back to England.
Simon Feltser
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 05:19:05 AM »

Well, you have to understand that it was ironic. But I hope you got the gist of my post? Do you remember how separation of some states has already been discussed two years ago? And even some voting were held
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »

Well, you have to understand that it was ironic. But I hope you got the gist of my post? Do you remember how separation of some states has already been discussed two years ago? And even some voting were held

I don't think you understand the meaning of "ironic".
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies